KNX Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNX Plugin

No one is interested to create a new plugin for KNX?

What KNX products are you using and where did you purchase them from?

Sorry I know that doesn't help your query, I've just been a bit curious about KNX.

Comment

epriora There is already a plugin available and the developer has the source code for sale. I'm currently a user of the plugin. I works well but i could be developed to a next level. \i'm not a developer other i would give it a try.

And it would be great if Homeseer will developed a KNX interface such as the zwave interface.

Fellhahn in my current (existing) house i extended my domotica environment (HS3 with zwave , rfxcom, HUE. MCSSprinklers) with a few KNX devices. Programming is a learning curve but i'm really enthousiastic about the functionality and stability. Besides the KNX base (powermodule and IP interface ) i started with my sunscreens (7 in total) which work automaticly and can be used manual with buttons. Powerfull is the existence of not only 3 (south, east and west) lumination sensor, but is also depending on the position of the sun . E.g if the sun is on the south of my house , the sunscreens on the west keep on closed . And when the sun is full on the west, the south screens will go up. The modules i use for this : one Theben Meteodata 140 s 24v GPS and one shutter module Theben JM 8 T. But there are quite a lot of KNX products on the market

Just revise my bathroom and in some way i could extent my KNX bus cable to that room. The HUE lamps are connected with a ISE HUE device , I use a very nice (and multi functional) switch MDT Glas Button II smart . For present detection, humitidy sensoring i use a Elsner Intra-Sewi .

www.knx.org i think you can also download free documentation.

In europe a lot of product can be bought with a lot of different vendors. But shipping to australia is to expensive. Just look on the KNX website. I think there will be partners.

I hope this wil help.

Comment

renevk Where did you find the Plug In? I don't seem to be able to find it in Interfaces Menu, although a google search turns it up and I was able to buy (free) it.
        Is it listed under a different technology?

edit: Never mind found it under Legacy, now I'm off and running....

Comment

I am not familiar with Knx, but there is a .net api on github so should be easy to include with mcsIOT when it becomes available for HS4. Of course somebody with knx would need to do the testing.

Comment

^^^
            Stay in touch.....i'll be able to help...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I am not familiar with Knx, but there is a .net api on github so should be easy to include with mcsIOT when it becomes available for HS4. Of course somebody with knx would need to do the testing.
              I’m also available for testing :-)

Comment

Have you seen https://github.com/hobbyquaker/awesome-mqtt where there are already two bridges between KNX and MQTT which is now supported by mcsMQTT? Soon I will be adding a native MQTT broker to mcsmQTT so if you do not desire to have a MQTT service running on you network then it can be done with mcsMQTT.

Comment

Have you seen https://github.com/hobbyquaker/awesome-mqtt where there are already two bridges between KNX and MQTT which is now supported by mcsMQTT? Soon I will be adding a native MQTT broker to mcsmQTT so if you do not desire to have a MQTT service running on you network then it can be done with mcsMQTT.
                  That is a great idea!!! I can setup my own broker but I can see that a person with minimal MQTT experience would not necessarily know that a broker would need to be installed.

Comment

Sounds good, will your built in broker support TLS? Perhaps by making use of the existing server certificate in the HomeSeer directory?

I found this to be one of the most tedious parts of setting up mosquitto. Issuing a cert, exporting it as a pfx, splitting the certificate and key, decrypting the key, configuring mosquitto to use the cert and key files. Definitely not for the average user.

Comment

The mcsMQTT client currently supports SSL as described in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf. My thinking is that the client and server would share the same cert files which cold be the ones in the HS directory. Security inside my firewall has not be a concern of mine so I have not explored it very much.

Comment

I'm looking into these devices and am wondering if we would still need to get the ETS to configure them?
                        The Universal In wall Relays seem to be more powerful than z-wave or zigbee, on paper they appear to pack a punch with multiple configurations available such as
                        • Switching and dimming
                        • Control of blinds and shutters
                        • Sending of values, e.g. water line、brightness
                        • Recall and storage scene
                        • Switching sequence
                        • Counter
                        • Multiple operation
                        • LED indication output

Has anyone got a KNX system going that can chime in with details of their system?

Comment

Working...
                        X