Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 to HS4 - Plugins

Hi all,

I've been working on developing some plugin functionality for quite some time and the announcement of imminent HS4 release obviously begs some questions.

Any new/accessible functionality likely?

Can anyone share any insights at all?

Originally posted by Faber Optimé View Post
    Hi all,

I've been working on developing some plugin functionality for quite some time and the announcement of imminent HS4 release obviously begs some questions.

There are multiple active forum posts discussing HS4. It would probably be best to begin there rather than starting another post about HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber Optimé View Post
      Hi all,

There is an active alpha development team. If you plan to become a developer you might email support at homeseer.com and see if they will invite you to participate. The group working on the development of HS4 has agreed to non disclosure, so you are unlikely to get accurate answers to your questions on this public forum.

HST has publicly stated that HS4 will have a new responsive GUI allowing all device and event management to be done on virtually any device from phone to computer. There will be new API functions while still supporting HS3 calls. There was a brief comment about the probability of Conditions on individual Actions. They have pledged to support HS3 plug-ins under HS4, but they will likely look like a hybrid between the two versions. For a plug-in to become native HS4 it will require changes.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have read that multi-instance plugins will not be supported by HS4. It's not clear to me that current HS3 multi-instance plugins (such as DirecTV) will still be able to run more than one instance under HS4 or if they will be limited to a single instance. Most of the multi-instance plugins I have were written by spud, so I'm hoping there will eventually be HS4 versions offered. The interim is what concerns me. I'm sure we will learn more as the Alpha progresses.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
          I have read that multi-instance plugins will not be supported by HS4. It's not clear to me that current HS3 multi-instance plugins (such as DirecTV) will still be able to run more than one instance under HS4 or if they will be limited to a single instance. Most of the multi-instance plugins I have were written by spud, so I'm hoping there will eventually be HS4 versions offered. The interim is what concerns me. I'm sure we will learn more as the Alpha progresses.

--Barry
          The DirecTV HS3 plugin as well as all other multi instances plugin will still be able to run more than one instance under HS4.

When I will port the DirecTV plugin to a native HS4 plugin I will have to refactor it, such as one instance can handle multiple DirecTV boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

The DirecTV HS3 plugin as well as all other multi instances plugin will still be able to run more than one instance under HS4.

When I will port the DirecTV plugin to a native HS4 plugin I will have to refactor it, such as one instance can handle multiple DirecTV boxes.
            Thanks Spud, that's good to know. I was hoping that was the case.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Thanks Spud, that's good to know. I was hoping that was the case.

--Barry
              rjh
              Can HS indicate how much of the existing HS3 Plug-ins are currently tested during the Alpha testing phase?

I know Plug In developers that are not active on the board for more than 1 month so I assume that these developers are not currently testing/updating theri Plug-Ins.

---
              John

Comment

Working...
              X