Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will HS4 install in a different directory as HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joegr View Post
    Well, that's a shame. I need HSPhone still and probably will for at least a few more years. I don't like the idea of having yet another PC running all the time.
    I guess maybe I could run HS3 on a PI? Anyway, this is going to be like the move from HS2 to HS3 was for me. I'll wait till HS3 plugin support is gone and I can't do what I need to do with it before I switch to HS4.
    Unfortunately, HSPhone is not supported on the Pi HS3 version. Maybe someone will take on the challenge to write a HS4 plugin as the HSPhone source has been made available for some time.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Unfortunately, HSPhone is not supported on the Pi HS3 version. ...
      Insult to injury...

Comment

There maybe hope.

It looks like if you start HS3 after HS4, the plugin API for HS3 is unable to start. I enabled HSPhone (but don't have the hardware on my dev PC) and the HS3 log shows the following errors:

Starting up....

07/11/2019 18:40:07 ~!~Error~!~Initializing Hi-Phone (Set Tones): Unable to load DLL 'w2cUsb.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

07/11/2019 18:40:07 ~!~HSPhone~!~Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.
        07/11/2019 18:40:13 ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

07/11/2019 18:40:14 ~!~Error~!~Unable to start remote speech API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
        Startup Complete, 4 errors detected, check the log for more information.
        Jon

Comment

I wonder if we could beg for a special version of HS3 that wouldn't even try to open the socket(s) for plugins and speaker?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Yes, HS4 is installed in a different directory (Homeseer HS4).
            Great. Thanks for the info. I was hoping you were going to say that!

Comment

Working...
            X