Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

👍 Diving Into the Deep End of the HS4 Pool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    For those who might be interested...
    In the coming days, I'll share some tidbits, screen shots to update my progress.
    We'll. i like to see some screenshots

Comment

I too have been around for years (from HS1 days) and anxiously await HS4. I hope HSTouch is updated, and the designer fixed as I am working on dashboards for my home. Mark, you mentioned pre-beta but can you tell us about how we can be part of the beta testing? And, thanks for the progress report!

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post

We'll. i like to see some screenshots
        Yessir! Here you go: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...4-screen-shots
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Really appreciate the update and new screenshots! I noticed in one of the screenshots that there was a “Shower Device” that sensed when the shower was turned on, is there such a device? Or is this something you are coming out with soon???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Really appreciate the update and new screenshots! I noticed in one of the screenshots that there was a “Shower Device” that sensed when the shower was turned on, is there such a device? Or is this something you are coming out with soon???

I installed one of our water valves on my shower's hot water feed pipe. Normally the valve is closed. When someone wants to take a shower, they double-tap the wall switch, and that sets a virtual "shower" device to ON. When that happens, the water valve opens and a timer starts. 6 minutes into the shower, another event is invoked which blinks the lights in the bathroom twice. Then, when the timer hits 7 minutes, the water valve is closed and the timer is reset.

In case anyone wonders why... my well has an extremely low recovery rate so I need to limit water usage as much as possible.

Comment

I installed one of our water valves on my shower's hot water feed pipe. Normally the valve is closed. When someone wants to take a shower, they double-tap the wall switch, and that sets a virtual "shower" device to ON. When that happens, the water valve opens and a timer starts. 6 minutes into the shower, another event is invoked which blinks the lights in the bathroom twice. Then, when the timer hits 7 minutes, the water valve is closed and the timer is reset.

In case anyone wonders why... my well has an extremely low recovery rate so I need to limit water usage as much as possible.
              Oh you bad bad man!! Limiting everyone to a 7 minute shower!! Ha! I can only imagine the screams that come out of your shower if they don’t notice the light blinking and then get a really cold shower! That would not go over well with my wife! LOL!

Plugin's:

Comment

Oh you bad bad man!! Limiting everyone to a 7 minute shower!! Ha! I can only imagine the screams that come out of your shower if they don’t notice the light blinking and then get a really cold shower! That would not go over well with my wife! LOL!

My wife does not use that shower. And... everyone notices the bathroom light turning on and off... it's pretty obvious. As for being a bad bad man... I guess. But at one point, there were 5 kids in the house. Showers, toilet flushes, laundry loads, etc... use a ton of water and we have 'run out' a handful of times. If the low pressure cut off feature of my pump's pressure switch doesn't activate, I'll end up with a burned out pump motor and a pretty expensive repair bill.

Comment

My wife does not use that shower. And... everyone notices the bathroom light turning on and off... it's pretty obvious. As for being a bad bad man... I guess. But at one point, there were 5 kids in the house. Showers, toilet flushes, laundry loads, etc... use a ton of water and we have 'run out' a handful of times. If the low pressure cut off feature of my pump's pressure switch doesn't activate, I'll end up with a burned out pump motor and a pretty expensive repair bill.
                  Hope you know...I really don’t think you’re a bad bad man....just kidding with ya. My apologies. In our bathroom, the master shower is in a room attached to the bathroom so the light from the main bathroom provides enough light for the shower but if it flashed, we wouldn’t be guaranteed to notice. HS is great because everyone can create events that work for their specific situation....I’m just imagining my wife not noticing the light flashing and the water going instantly cold on her and the blood curdling scream that would come from that room...... Totally make sense for your home and occupants in it though!

NH water in the winter has got to be close to freezing....I’m willing to bet no one in your house pushes the limit of the 7 min!

Plugin's:

Comment

NH water in the winter has got to be close to freezing
                    The temperature of the water wouldn't have anything on the temperature in the bedroom for the rest of the night.

My well doesn't have flow issues, but I do have an issue with "zoning out" in the shower. Based on a magnetic reed switch attached to the shower door, the bathroom lights flash once at 5 minutes, again at 10 minutes, and go out completely at 11. Opening the door turns the lights back on and resets the timers.
                    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Must say it is looking much more functional than HS3...

Comment

macromark Can you speak about any of the new features of HS4? I know it is early in the beta testing but at this point the feature set should be set so not too many new features would typically be added. I understand if this is not possible at this stage so if you can't answer I understand.

Will there be firmware updates for any of the HS hardware?
                        Will the mobile app still be supported?
                        Can we copy/backup profiles/configs to the mobile app?
                        Have all the promised integrations, for example Ecobee be conpleted?
                        When will Linux be supported? 2 of the 3 hardware platforms HomeSeer sells are Linux based so I hope a Linux version will be sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
                          macromark Can you speak about any of the new features of HS4? I know it is early in the beta testing but at this point the feature set should be set so not too many new features would typically be added. I understand if this is not possible at this stage so if you can't answer I understand.

Will there be firmware updates for any of the HS hardware?
                          Will the mobile app still be supported?
                          Can we copy/backup profiles/configs to the mobile app?
                          Have all the promised integrations, for example Ecobee be conpleted?
                          When will Linux be supported? 2 of the 3 hardware platforms HomeSeer sells are Linux based so I hope a Linux version will be sooner than later.
                          Also, will there be any changes/additions to event logic (if-then-else, nested and/or, etc)?

Comment

[QUOTE=baudi;n1346258]

if-then-else, nested and/or, etc..

Now that would be truly amazing!

Comment

DGS on the mobile...lets roll out the big boy toy's.....

sold my last house bought a new one just to retool with HS4......

Let's bring it....

Devoir

Comment

When is the public beta come out?

Comment

Working...
                                X