Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 High upgrade cost... chance for further discounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 High upgrade cost... chance for further discounts?

I'm reading some of the forum and the new posts on HS4... it appears that HS4 is mostly a face lift. which has pros (HS3 plugins should all work... but All of them???).

My main question is, why so high a price for upgrading from HS3 to HS4? over $100 (just under with discount at the moment) for the Pro for a simple face lift, is a hard pill to swallow.

Included plugins don't help, as I have paid for them already... so that doesn't help the cost. For those of us who have paid for most/all the included plugins/features that HS4 has; can we get a much better discount on upgrading?

We all had the chance to pre-order the upgrade for $50 back in November.
    But, you are right, for a face lift, which to tell the truth from what I've seen so far isn't much of an advantage unless you work mainly on a tablet or phone, probably not worth it. That said however, eventually HS4 will out pace HS3 and support for HS3 will stop.
    Given the growing list of issues in pre-beta, it may be some time before HS4 is ready for prime-time.

Just my humble opinion.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I actually wish the model would change. I don't want to see a subscription model but have no problems with the $50-$100 upgrades.

I would pay more for a better product and without income they can't develop.

Honestly though I find myself using Alexa more and more. It is getting pretty useful these days and rock solid. Devices are easy to setup and cheap.

I have a zwave device the new Aeotec Siren that won't trigger unless I have the easy trigger plugin. My trial expired and I don't want to buy it for HS3. I don't expect a free plugin but geez why should you buy a trigger plugin to create a simple action, chime on door open.

Just waiting for HS4 so I can sound chime on door opening.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are additions to HS 4 as well. According to the web page Device Categories is in the initial release. Mobile push notifications and Conditional Actions are coming after the initial release.

Responsive web design means that the way the web browser displays something is based on the screen size. So it will display better on a phone or tablet than it does now. That is a GUI update but should be welcome by most.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I don't follow this forum religiously, so maybe that's the issue, but when we did receive an offer to upgrade for $50? I never got an email from HS about this and would've jumped on it for $50.

Comment

The 60% discount was on the forums only, however there were Black Friday emails sent out for 50%

Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureF.PNG
Views:	935
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1348611

Jon

Comment

HS4 keeps being called a "face lift", but that new GUI is just an (unexpected given the harsh GUI is irrelevant comments HomeSeer made earlier this year) bonus.

It will now have conditions on individual actions within an event rather than only on the entire event itself (this is mega cool), a log of each device's history (this is huge, so many situations where it is useful to look at the last say 10 trigger times of something), free plugins for a few things including Harmony Hub, now has camera recording, and best of all I am hoping the overhauled GUI will very likely mean that scrolling text box for optimising, inclusions, etc no longer madly forces itself to the bottom when you try to scroll up to troubleshoot or see something.

Overall still minor things, but from a programming point of view it is clear HS is undergoing some significant rewriting/restructuring behind the scenes - the significant changes to the way plugins need to work for example is a good indicator. From what I'm hearing it all sounds like it is going to be an even more responsive system and hopefully far easier to implement further improvements to. Fingers crossed that will be the case with HomeSeer Mobile too - as releasing it with so many incredibly frustrating bugs, and oversights such as dashboards being fixed to a single device and no dark mode (my 13" iPad is glaring the crap out of my living room no matter how dim I have made the screen) should have been really trivial fixes but rather than these and the bugs being fixed the product has turned abandonware and had nothing done to it at all. Fingers crossed this is just a silly oversight of the source code being actively redeveloped for HS4 but forgetting to fork the code, thereby preventing fixes being done on the existing release.

Comment

You can s
                also put ‘’day’’ for any time related thing.

ex. Wait two days...wait 10 days etc.

that is very welcome .

Comment

And lets not forget. Once you buy it, upgrades to that version are free forever. So anything they do to HS4 in the future will not cost anything.
                  A computer's attention span is as long
                  as it's powercord.

Comment

You mean like HS2 upgrades?

Comment

This would all be so very much more exciting if they weren't also dropping a major feature that I use and need, HSPhone.

Comment

I have HS3 in use for 6 years. So a update fee of less than 3 cent a day is not costly taken into account all the fixes and additions.

---
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
                          You mean like HS2 upgrades?
                          What I mean is once you buy the major version, all the updates for that version are free. Like I bought HS3 and got all the releases with all the improvements and new things through the years all for free once I paid for the upgrade to HS3. I am running .548, so that is a lot of updates through the years.
                          A computer's attention span is as long
                          as it's powercord.

Comment

sdanks Yeah and This is I guess/hoe normal ?

Comment

I bought the upgrade again in November, I think I made a mistake.

$ 50 is not a lot of money to pay because we make a smart home and much more but ..
                              What will happen to the extension? I paid each one almost $ 20-30 a real problem.
                              There are good solutions at the same level and for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X