No announcement yet.

Proper HomeKit Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm I have all my lights set as "lightbulbs" but I happily tell my Apple Watch to "Set Living Room Lights To 30%" and it happens in a split of a second đź‘Ť

Comment

I have been slowly adding accessories and now have 16 HS4 devices working with HomeBridge. But they have disappeared in the HS4 plugin. When I restart homebridge/plugin everything works but the accessories are not showing in the plugin?

Steve
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Now homebridge will not restart!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4CD858A-6816-4917-8436-AEDFEBF244A8.png
Views:	879
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	1420044
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Ok, I restored my config file from yesterday and now everything is working again. Homebridge restarted and my accessories(devices) are now back.

Steve

Comment

Hi guys,

I have achieved to get Homebridge up and running and I can add lights, switches etc. It looks really promising

However, I cannot figure out how to add thermostats.

I am using the GUI and have tried to add the "ref" of the root device in the simple device setup. (I.e. when I press the root device in HS I can see the "ref=XXX" in the url and that is the number I use), however this does not work. I have also tried to insert the ref of the child device for e.g. setpoint. I also tried to insert the Z-wave node number.

I have also tried the advanced setup adding the "ref" of the root device and the "ref" of the child devices but that does not work either.

I would be really appreciated if somebody could guide on this i.e. what information do I need to pick from HS and insert into homebridge?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 8200 View Post
              Hi guys,

I have achieved to get Homebridge up and running and I can add lights, switches etc. It looks really promising

However, I cannot figure out how to add thermostats.

I am using the GUI and have tried to add the "ref" of the root device in the simple device setup. (I.e. when I press the root device in HS I can see the "ref=XXX" in the url and that is the number I use), however this does not work. I have also tried to insert the ref of the child device for e.g. setpoint. I also tried to insert the Z-wave node number.

I have also tried the advanced setup adding the "ref" of the root device and the "ref" of the child devices but that does not work either.

I would be really appreciated if somebody could guide on this i.e. what information do I need to pick from HS and insert into homebridge?

Thanks
              I have a Trane thermostat. My config.json has:

{
              "type": "Thermostat",
              "name": "Living Room Thermostat",
              "ref": 599,
              "heatingSetpointRef": 604,
              "coolingSetpointRef": 605,
              "controlRef": 602,
              "stateRef": 603
              },

Where:

controlRef is the reference for the thermostat's mode (e.g. Auto, Off, Heat, Cool, etc.)
              stateRef is the reference for the operating state (idle, Heating, Cooling, etc.).

Comment

Thanks, that is very helpful and I suceeded in adding thermostats (Eurotronic) with the ref pointing to the device showing the temperature. However, I have a few Danfoss thermostats which do not have a devices showing current temperature or mode but only root devices, battery and setpoint. Those I have not figured out yet...

Comment

I would like to share my experience with HomeKit/HomeBridge/HomeBridge-HomeSeer4. It works. It's a bit ugly to get/keep the config.json straight, but Homebridge UI makes it relatively straight forward. I have deployed HomeBridge on a Raspberry PI, as the windows-based product is flakey at best. Yes, I'd prefer a native PI, but this is a workable solution.

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                    I would like to share my experience with HomeKit/HomeBridge/HomeBridge-HomeSeer4. It works. It's a bit ugly to get/keep the config.json straight, but Homebridge UI makes it relatively straight forward. I have deployed HomeBridge on a Raspberry PI, as the windows-based product is flakey at best. Yes, I'd prefer a native PI, but this is a workable solution.
                    How dare you call my ugly baby ugly.

Comment

I’m using HOOBS on a rpi with the HS3 HS4 plugin. It’s fantastic. Very easy to setup because of the plug-in.

If you are asking for native HomeKit, don’t. This is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        I’m using HOOBS on a rpi with the HS3 HS4 plugin. It’s fantastic. Very easy to setup because of the plug-in.

If you are asking for native HomeKit, don’t. This is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Can you elaborate a bit on how this works? Ease of use? Etc. I can't find a plugin anywhere.

rjh Are there any plans for HomeKit support?

Comment

Originally posted by NET1 View Post

Can you elaborate a bit on how this works? Ease of use? Etc. I can't find a plugin anywhere.

rjh Are there any plans for HomeKit support?
                          Right here : https://support.hoobs.org/docs/5e875b610ab68b0344e872c5

And here : https://homebridge.io/

The plug-ins https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridge-HomeSeer4

Eman
                          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Wow never saw this before. Does this solve the "sorry your device isn't responding". I get this every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post

Wow never saw this before. Does this solve the "sorry your device isn't responding". I get this every once in a while.
                              I set up on NAS but don't use. I use Home Remote and HStouch but if I ever find the need for it then it's there.

Eman.
                              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                                as the windows-based product is flakey at best. Yes, I'd prefer a native PI, but this is a workable solution.
                                I am running HS3, homebridge and jvm 's plugin on windows. I have dozens of devices in homebridge config. This stuff just works, I don't touch it for months...

Comment

Working...
                                X