HS4 Needs a 2-way notification system like Pushbullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Needs a 2-way notification system like Pushbullet

While HS3 supports email it lacks a native 2-way notification system. Or even a 1-way system for that matter. Email can be used for this but it is quite clunky as compared to Pushover or Pushbullet. Pushbullet offers the 2-way system which is good but the HS plug-in functionality seems to have been broken recently but still works in a 1-way mode. mrhappy 's Pushover plugin is superb but lacks a robust 2-way capability.
    What would be really good would be to have something like WhatsApp or Kakao integration. WhatsApp would be preferred due to Android Auto compatibility.

Bump....anyone have Pushbullet running on HS4 ?
    Is there a way to pull in a legacy plug-in that is outside the installer?

It seems to me PB was blacklisted because it sidestepped the HS updater. Pushbullet is a nice 2-way messaging platform that is a bit more flexible in its 2-way functions than Pushover. I hope this can be ported over even though the developer is long gone. Malosa was doing some work on the Pushbullet PI but it is somehow tied into Discord which does not make any sense to me.

Can someone please give us a robust 2-way messaging app. This would easily be worth 30-40$ as a paid PI.

Comment

I wrote a post on how to do this with Telegram and the Big5 plugin. Works great. You can type any text to the Telegram bot that would be supported as a native HS voice command spoken through a mic or even the "tell homeseer" Alexa skill. I had Pushover set up for 1-way push notifications which also worked really, really well. But the usability gap was obvious when it would tell me that I left the garage door open (or similar notification). I would have to open HS Mobile, find the Garage, find the device, and manually close the door. I didn't have it automated because I don't always want it to close on me after an hour. I want it to be my choice.

I get the same notification via Telegram now, but the bot also asks if I want the door closed. If I reply yes, it happens. It takes a little more elbow grease than a native plugin but it works. There is definitely a market here for a native Telegram plugin. I use it so heavily that I would take a stab at it if I were a programmer.

Comment

Push notifications are on the HS4 road map. It does not say what method/system they will be using though:

https://homeseer.com/hs4-smart-home-...tion-software/

(Coming Soon.. tab)
        Jon

Comment

Hello,
          I use Pushbullet with McsMQTT and Nodered

It work in two way

Jean-Francois

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Push notifications are on the HS4 road map. It does not say what method/system they will be using though:

https://homeseer.com/hs4-smart-home-...tion-software/

(Coming Soon.. tab)
            You would think that it would be native inside the HS Mobile app rather than some third party system but that is an assumption on my part. I wouldn't hold my breath for 2-way but that certainly would be a welcome feature.

Comment

Thanks all. These ideas deserve some further investigation. Pushover and its "1way+" pushes will make due in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post

You would think that it would be native inside the HS Mobile app rather than some third party system but that is an assumption on my part. I wouldn't hold my breath for 2-way but that certainly would be a welcome feature.
                Another bump. I just migrated to HS4 from Vera and would have never imagined I would lose push notifications of all things in the process. Considering the the cost involved getting this going - that's just great.

Comment

Originally posted by gordomatic View Post

Another bump. I just migrated to HS4 from Vera and would have never imagined I would lose push notifications of all things in the process. Considering the the cost involved getting this going - that's just great.
                  One way push notifications is still available using Pushover (HS3 & HS4) and there is also Telegram for HS4
                  Jon

Comment

Hello
                    I use pushbullet on Nodered with McsMQTT

I push several notifications to Pushbullet and i can receive in Nodered the pushbullet's notification from other devices (tablet, Pc or others)

I get notifications in HS3 or HS4 via McsMqtt

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 11-24-21 at 11.55 AM 001.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1509778

Jean-Francois

Comment

You can use HSBuddy (free app) which can push notifications. It works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
                        You can use HSBuddy (free app) which can push notifications. It works very well.
                        Kevb I finally had some quality time to check this out. What an incredibly useful app. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I didn't know this was thing until I ran across this thread. I've been using HsBuddy's push notifications for a year now. It's so integrated that I just get a buzz on my watch and the push notification is there.

Comment

Originally posted by gordomatic View Post

I finally had some quality time to check this out. What an incredibly useful app. Thanks for the suggestion!
                            I too came from Vera, a few years ago. Had veralite and Edge. I really like homeseer, just takes a bit to "learn the language". HSBuddy geofencing and notifications are great.

George I love the watch notifications, too!

Comment

The Smart NORA Contrib with Node-RED can send notifications to a phone or browser. Provided you limit yourself to 5 or less items, it is free. I use it to control my automated shades with voice - Google Assistant. And since HomeSeer has native Node-RED integration, you can use the same flow to change a HomeSeer device(s) and/or run an event(s).

EDIT:
                              The notifications are 2-way in that I can define buttons to appear on my phone for the Notification and when I press one, Node-RED is notified as to which button was pressed.
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                              X