Voice Commands in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Commands in HS4

In HS3 I would check Voice command and Google Home app would find those devices. I never entered any text into devices or events, not being sure why I would have to or want to.

Now with HS4 there's one additional complication in that I can put the Voice Command enabled check mark in the root or the child. The same goes for the text that can be entered.

Which one should be checked and what's the purpose of entering text in that area, especially for events?

Thanks for any suggestions.

i think what threw it off for you here is that the child devices are all listed under the single root device.

As far as voice command, it has always been this way. This is actually a very nice feature to have.

IE: Device in Room: Family, Floor: 2nd Floor, name, floor lights. When you add it to Google Assistant, that entire string is going to show up as Family, 2nd floor, floor lights. When you enabe voice and put a custom name in it, it will show exactly that and the voice command will be exactly that not the actual name.

If you go into http:// your IP:YourPort/voice you can see what it's expect to show up as in Google Assistant. I do this here so I don't have to create a nick name for each device within GA.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      In HS3 I would check Voice command and Google Home app would find those devices. I never entered any text into devices or events, not being sure why I would have to or want to.

Now with HS4 there's one additional complication in that I can put the Voice Command enabled check mark in the root or the child. The same goes for the text that can be entered.

Which one should be checked and what's the purpose of entering text in that area, especially for events?

Thanks for any suggestions.
      I had an issue on HS4. In device settings, I put a check mark against 'Voice Enabled' and save. I sync devices and it does not come over to Google, but it does show on the voice URL http:// your IP:YourPort/voic. I then discovered that under the Features tab, expand Control, the same 'Voice Command' option is displayed, however is unchecked. I added the check mark and hit save. Tell Google to Sync and the device now shows in Google. The other signal is that on the Home Seer main page, the device has a picture of a microphone in the corner. It is unclear why there are not two 'Voice Command' check boxes per device. When I look at devices that were created on HS3 before my updated to HS4, they do not have this issue. The device in question that has the issue is a virtual switch.

Comment

I've noticed this too. For devices with Features, I need to enable voice control on the feature (ex. a door lock) and I can set the voice command there. But no microphone appears on the device's icon on the Devices page, even if I turn on voice control at the parent level.

Comment

Working...
        X