Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE - Solution!

Hi,
    I just did the upgrade from HS3 to HS4. The startup gave no errors, but I cannot view the webpage. I get this error when trying to view it: ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

What should I do?

Troy

So I rolled back to HS3 and changed the webport to 80, then went through the upgrade process. Once this was done I was able to change HS4 to my original port and it works. The issue that I am having now is that I cannot get Alexa to work. I tried forgetting all voice commands and changing my license on myhs. I also disabbled and re enabled both Homeseer skills as I am not sure which is the right one. When I try to import devices, Alexa finds nothing. I just rolled back to HS3 and Alexa discovered everything I had before. I am so confused.

Comment

Same issue here- above solution worked.
      Set web port to 80 first, then upgrade.
      Maybe over-riding in the settings.ini file post upgrade may work too. I guess at this point it wants to launch http://127.0.0.1/register.html for the first time using port 80

Comment

This is still happening in the release version. Unbelievable. Changing my port back to 80 in settings.ini after copying the files got me to the registration screen.

Comment

Which directory is that in on a SEL? I just ran into the same issue, the only settings.ini file for homeseer, I can find is in /media/homeseer and I can not do a sudo cd to that directory, nor can I authenticate with su. In addition, rollback is not an option on the 911 page. I did open a case with homeseer support.

Comment

I have this problem and I tried changing the port to 80 but I get this error:

HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #.

As far as I know, or can tell, I don't have any web servers on my PC or LAN but I do have many IoT devices and Alexa and HomeKit running.

Is there another way to register HS4 or a different workaround? Your help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by diffusionLTD View Post
              I have this problem and I tried changing the port to 80 but I get this error:

HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #.

As far as I know, or can tell, I don't have any web servers on my PC or LAN but I do have many IoT devices and Alexa and HomeKit running.

Is there another way to register HS4 or a different workaround? Your help is appreciated.
              Ditto. I just upgraded from HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro and now have no working system due to this. Did you figure this out?

Comment

You can leave your custom port in place but when HS tries to load the register page it defaults to port 80. Edit the URL link that wasn't found (i.e http://192.168.1.100/register.html) and enter/add your custom port, i.e.. http://192.168.1.100:88/register.html (replace "88" with your custom port) and the register page should then load...
                HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
                  You can leave your custom port in place but when HS tries to load the register page it defaults to port 80. Edit the URL link that wasn't found (i.e http://192.168.1.100/register.html) and enter/add your custom port, i.e.. http://192.168.1.100:88/register.html (replace "88" with your custom port) and the register page should then load...
                  Yep that worked, had to change the last three digits of the IP to match as well. Registered and now HS4 is up and running. Thanks so much!

Comment

For mine, it kept trying to go to Http://192.168.xx.xx:85/devices.html and then failed.... I couldn't change to port 80 as I had other things using 80. But i just updated the URL to http://192.168.xx.xx:85/register.html and off we went... works fine now.

Comment

Would welcome a procedure to make this fail, I have tried everything. Following the procedure here exactly. Only difference might be is that I am testing a clean install of HS3. I then set the port to 82, uninstall, then install HS4 over HS3. Always starts just fine on port 82. The Windows firewall is enabled and this is on WIndows 10. I even took a users HS3 install and tried it, worked fine on my systems here. Obviously missing something. The web server in HS4 is the same as HS3 and so are the settings. The error does not make any sense.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Big change I see write off is that I run on a Server class machine. (Windows Server 2016 as I recall) and that might make a difference. Lots of overhead and various impediments when IIS is involved. Even if the web server is native hosted within HS4. For me the issue was the devices page was not allowed until registration was finished and somehow the link to the register page was not auto-forwarded to.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Would welcome a procedure to make this fail, I have tried everything. Following the procedure here exactly. Only difference might be is that I am testing a clean install of HS3. I then set the port to 82, uninstall, then install HS4 over HS3. Always starts just fine on port 82. The Windows firewall is enabled and this is on WIndows 10. I even took a users HS3 install and tried it, worked fine on my systems here. Obviously missing something. The web server in HS4 is the same as HS3 and so are the settings. The error does not make any sense.
                          I hit the exact same problem. Have HS3 installation, then upgraded to HS4 following Windows and S6 - HS4 - HomeSeer Docs following preferred method (Installing and Setting up HS4 (Preferred Method)).

HS4 came up just fine but it could not open Web as it always tried to open devices page. I replaced devices.html with regisistration.html by hand and set port to 81 and was able to register and run.

I guess long time ago I setup the port to be 81 instead of 80 and that confused HS4 registration??.

I am running Windows 10 and a pretty standard PC.

Other than that the upgrade instructions worked except I didn't have to restore HSD - somehow new HomeSeerData_9.json was created automatically and all the devices and events are present. So this section doesn't seems to be required:
                          1. After HS4 starts, go into Setup then click the Edit Config button and select your HS3 config to IMPORT it. It will be named something with .hsd and Import in the name. This will bring in your devices and events.

Comment

Working...
                          X