Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I upgrading wrong?

Hi all,

I thought I would play around with HS4 on a laptop just to see how things are but falling over quite early on.
    So steps were:
    1. stop all plug-ins, Shutdown HS3, backup entire folder and bring onto laptop
    2. Install Hs3 (same version as backup), copy step 1 folder and paste over new installation
    3. Start HS3 up and test - all devices are there and plug-ins work fine.
    So far so good...

4. Install HS4 to the same directory as HS3
    5. Start-up HS4
    6. Enter registration details and http://ip_address//devices.html opens up

And this is about it... I see none of the menu items such as Devices, Events, Cameras, Setup, Tools and Plugins
    If I click on List view, nothing happens

Essentially all I have is all my devices, Floor, Room, Category at the top and the + (new device), list, grid, hide buttons on the right.

I uninstalled and rolled everything back...did the above again, same issue.
    Then I did a HS4 only install and this works fine so its something in the installing over the top that is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you are upgrading wrong.

Step 1 is good
    Step 2 is good.
    Do not perform Step 3. but rather uninstall HS3 keeping settings. IMPORTANT
    From there on you're good.

IOW do not run HS3 in the new location. Install virgin HS3, copy operating HS3, uninstall but keep settings.
    Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      Yes, you are upgrading wrong.

Step 1 is good
      Step 2 is good.
      Do not perform Step 3. but rather uninstall HS3 keeping settings. IMPORTANT
      From there on you're good.

IOW do not run HS3 in the new location. Install virgin HS3, copy operating HS3, uninstall but keep settings.
      Carry on.
      Thanks! That did the trick
      The reason I was doing Step 3 was to simulate how I would upgrade the live server as that would have been started / used.

But I think the step I missed was the uninstall keeping settings..In fact I didn't do an uninstall at all of HS3 prior to installing HS4.
      Lesson learnt thank you

Comment

Working...
      X