Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 still using Jowihue and Deconz for Zigbee

Rebuilding a new HS4 based system.
    On my old HS3 system I had a Conbee and a AOETech Zstick to control ZigBee and Zwave and used Jowihue and Deconz to get Zigbee communications connected.
    On my new HS4 setup I will be using a Nortek HUSBZB-1 in place of the two sticks I had been using. Will this be the same setup Jowihue + Deconz for HS4 Zigbee configuration?

It will not be the same. You will need to use the new HS4 "house" plugin for Zigbee and use type "Generic Serial Controller" for the z-wave portion.

I use Raspbee with JowiHue and z-net with regular z-wave. I also have a Philips Hue hub that is controlled by JowiHue in HS4. No need for the HS zigbee PI at this time, besides there may be a limited number of sensors, etc that work with the new zigbee. Check for compatibility first.

Comment

OK Thank You for the update but just so I am clear
      No Deconz anymore when using the HUSBZB-1 for Zigbee objects?
      By "House" do you mean the Homeseer zigbee plugin? or was that literally a plugin named house?
      I have the Generic serial controller installed for zwave but I havnt added anything to the network yet.
      I had purchased the Jowihue plugin for my HS3 system before but havnt looked to see if I can upgrade to a HS4 version if it exists.
      Sorry for asking 1000 questions but my Old HS3 system ran flawlessly for years and rebuilding on HS4 makes me remember how many late night sessions I put in getting it setup.

Comment

House means the HS zigbee PI.
        There is an HS4 version of the Jowihue PI but it will work with Philips Hue hub and/or conbee/raspbee only, not with the Nortek hardware.

Comment

This whole changeover to HS4 is confusing to say the least.
          Q1. If we use the HS or Aeotec stick for Z-Wave then what do you use for Zigbee?
          Q2. Is there a list somewhere that tells us which PI's (previously used in HS3) that are compatible with HS4 and which PI's we have to re-purchase for HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            This whole changeover to HS4 is confusing to say the least.
            Q1. If we use the HS or Aeotec stick for Z-Wave then what do you use for Zigbee?
            Q2. Is there a list somewhere that tells us which PI's (previously used in HS3) that are compatible with HS4 and which PI's we have to re-purchase for HS4?
            You could buy the Nortek and use it specifically for zigbee as far as I know.

All HS3 plugins should work with HS4. Should. As for purchasing, that’s up to the developers. Some are allowing any new hs3 purchases to include a license for HS4. Check with developers before purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

You could buy the Nortek and use it specifically for zigbee as far as I know.

All HS3 plugins should work with HS4. Should. As for purchasing, that’s up to the developers. Some are allowing any new hs3 purchases to include a license for HS4. Check with developers before purchasing.
              Thanks, I will look into the Nortek. Conbee II says it is universal zigbee. I always thought that was only good with deconz, but maybe that was just the original conbee.

I will take a look at the individual devs and see if they mention anything.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. So just to be sure Iunderstand.
                I have a windows 10 Pro box running HS4 Beta I have installed the CP210x USB to UART Bridge drivers twice one for each interface and each has been assigned a Com Port

I think I can use the HUSBZB-1 for both Zwave AND ZigBee?

For Zigbee on HS4 I just need the Homeseer ZigBee plugin and no other plugins or programs at all just the HS plugin?

For Zwave on HS4 I have it installed as the Generic Zwave device and that's all no other PI or addon software?

Thank you again for helping me understand this........

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. So just to be sure Iunderstand.
                  I have a windows 10 Pro box running HS4 Beta I have installed the CP210x USB to UART Bridge drivers twice one for each interface and each has been assigned a Com Port

I think I can use the HUSBZB-1 for both Zwave AND ZigBee?

For Zigbee on HS4 I just need the Homeseer ZigBee plugin and no other plugins or programs at all just the HS plugin?

For Zwave on HS4 I have it installed as the Generic Zwave device and that's all no other PI or addon software?

Thank you again for helping me understand this........
                  I think you nailed it. What remains to be seen is of the myriad of devices available for both z-wave and zigbee, which ones will actually work without needing additional programming from HS.

Comment

OK THanks!
                    I have been trying to discover 4 Sengled bulbs from inside the ZigBee discover. the counter on the PI never increments up but if I look at the log file after I reset the network it says Node Discovered and shows all four bulbs IEEE numbers plus the Connector. nothing listed inside the manage devices to show the bulbs.
                    I guess this is what BETA is all about.

Comment

Working...
                    X