Harmony hub error while connecting to hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony hub error while connecting to hub

This has been going on and off for awhile, sometime it works sometime it doesn't. I have not been able to use the Harmony Hub through HS4 for awhile and has been ignoring it but decided to try again. Deleted my hubs and try to add them again, I get attempt to connect timed out.

I know for sure both are online. I can use it through the harmony app as usual. i can ping it etc..

Are you sure the IP you enter is correct and that XMPP is enabled in your hub settings?
    From the settings, can you enable "log to file" and set the "file log level" to Trace. Then try to add your hub again and send me the log file located in Logs/HarmonyHub.txt

Comment

Yes, XMPP has been enable from way back in HS3 and I never changed it. In the past month, I've double check many times just to make sure nothing's change. Checked again and they are still enabled.

Here's the log, as you can see it was working on and off for awhile.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oy...oD34hnK3yCIMpC

Comment

thanks but please set the file log level to Trace, and try to add one hub again.
        are you on Linux or Windows?

Comment

This one is shorter so I'll just paste it here. i'm on the latest HS4 in windows

Code:
          2020-05-13 08:22:37.8530|DEBUG|PostBackProc page=add-hub.html, data=action=add-hub&ip-address=192.168.1.19
          2020-05-13 08:22:37.8843|INFO|Init Client for  at 192.168.1.19
          2020-05-13 08:22:47.9057|ERROR|Attempt to connect timed out
          2020-05-13 10:42:00.7913|DEBUG|PostBackProc page=add-hub.html, data=action=add-hub&ip-address=192.168.1.19
          2020-05-13 10:42:00.7913|INFO|Init Client for  at 192.168.1.19
          2020-05-13 10:42:10.8121|ERROR|Attempt to connect timed out
          2020-05-13 10:42:10.8121|TRACE|agsXMPP.Net.ConnectTimeoutException: Attempt to connect timed out
             at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
             at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
             at HarmonyHub.HarmonyClient.<RequestResponseAsync>d__24.MoveNext()
          --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
             at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
             at HarmonyHub.HarmonyClient.<CreateToken>d__25.MoveNext()
             at HarmonyHub.HarmonyClient.<Create>d__14.MoveNext()
             at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
             at HSPI_HarmonyHub.HubController.<<InitClient>b__43_0>d.MoveNext()
             at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
             at HSPI_HarmonyHub.HubController.InitClient()
             at HSPI_HarmonyHub.AddHubPage.PostBackProc(String data, String user, Int32 userRights)

Comment

Can you triple check in your router that 192.168.1.19 is the IP of your Hub?
            The error in your logs is the standard error you get when the plugin cannot access the hub at all.
            Please also check you don't have a firewall or AV blocking the traffic from HS to the Hub

I have released version beta 4.0.11 of the Harmony Hub plugin in the updater. It fixes a problem accessing the "Manage Hubs" page on Linux and increase the timeout to get the config from the Hub. I doubt it fixes your problem, but please install it and test.

Comment

Trippled checked and confirmed.

I don't run any A/V on the HS PC, all it have is HS and MQTT broker. Windows Defender firewall off as well. I can ping the hub with no issue. Updated and tried again with no luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-294.png
Views:	211
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1385549Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-295.png
Views:	197
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1385550
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-20200514-103548-Harmony-18949.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1385551

Comment

some progress with this. I'm noticing that on the harmony app, it thinks that it's connecting through the clouds. I started with factory resetting one sync everything back up and it added quickly through your plugin. Did it to the 2nd hub also success both are no longer showing the cloud icon on the app.

Lets see how long it sticks now cause previously it was on and off as well. It might not be your plugin but a logitech issue.

Now that the hubs are added back in, it created all new devices. Anyway to merge them with the old ones w/o starting over?

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  Now that the hubs are added back in, it created all new devices. Anyway to merge them with the old ones w/o starting over?
                  No you can't merge them. You will have to delete the old ones and update your events with the new ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X