Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Weather

Hi

Which plugin you guys are using for Weather ( Want to use in Canada) with HS4 . I want to change my thermostat settings based on Weather forecast/ current weather .

Originally posted by mmoud View Post
    Hi

Which plugin you guys are using for Weather ( Want to use in Canada) with HS4 . I want to change my thermostat settings based on Weather forecast/ current weather .
    WearherXML is great for now....however there are quite a few free forecast sites that are moving away from providing the information for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I also use WeatherXML. It's included with HS3/4 Pro. It supports several data sources but as The Profit says, most free sources eventually go away (being purchased by another company, they start charging, etc). NOAA is the only source that has been and should be staying free. It's a good source except it doesn't offer hourly forecasts which is a bummer. There is a new free source (OpenWeatherMap) that does allow hourly forecasts and WeatherXML is supposedly supporting it but I can't set it as a source nor can I access the hourly forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        I also use WeatherXML. It's included with HS3/4 Pro. It supports several data sources but as The Profit says, most free sources eventually go away (being purchased by another company, they start charging, etc). NOAA is the only source that has been and should be staying free. It's a good source except it doesn't offer hourly forecasts which is a bummer. There is a new free source (OpenWeatherMap) that does allow hourly forecasts and WeatherXML is supposedly supporting it but I can't set it as a source nor can I access the hourly forecast.
        The only issue with openweathermap for Canada is that it doesn’t support weather alerts.... At least I haven’t seen any.

Comment

You could also look at envcan

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

The only issue with openweathermap for Canada is that it doesn’t support weather alerts.... At least I haven’t seen any.
            Luckily we don't have to deal with weather alerts. Just earthquakes but nobody has added advanced warnings for that yet...

Comment

Anyone know one that shows a week of sunset/sunrise?

Comment

Ok I was able to setup weather xml but how would I create event to change my thermostat based on it. I do see it created some devices for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.PNG
Views:	423
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1388158

Comment

Seems like all the virtual devices are created under " weatherXML Location 1 Group " and I have to call those . Lets see if that works

Comment

Working...
                  X