HS4 Filter and search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Filter and search

I don't know if i missed something but when i save the filter in for example Room the filters are gone next time i open the browser.
    I like the filter function but i don't want to change it every time i go into HS4.

The search funtion is also good but i miss one thing.
    Then i search fo a device and find it i not only want to go to the settings for it i also want to control it.
    For example turn on or off a device.

This would be nice if this could be fixed.

I would log those two items as separate feature requests at https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals which is the new portal intended for raising issues pertaining to the HomeSeer core software under Suggest a new feature or improvement as they are not bugs or fixes.

I might suggest though that if your rooms, floors and categories are set up intuitively for you that you might not need to search. Search could then be used to find a device that you want to show up in a particular room/floor/category filter which doesn't currently show when you pick that filter combo (or vice-versa) to see why or why not. I just did a search for "window" on my system and Dryer showed up. I clicked on it to see why and it had my "Window Blinds" category assigned to it. Having rooms, floors and categories is a great feature for design flexibility but with flexibility comes complexity is getting it set up the way that makes sense to each user. I am still working on mine...

I can see where being able to save a certain room/floor/category filter combo as a default might be useful to some people.
    For the search though, the URL takes you to the device properties page where controls are not present. That would be a more difficult enhancement IMO but could prove useful...
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I mentioned the same thing in a feature request and was told that everything resets everytime except hidden/unhidden, and even that doesn't carry over from one device to another.

Comment

With a different web back end design they could possibly incorporate it into the devices URL... which currently never changes.

Something like https:// www amazon ca/s?k=%22insteon+devices%22+%22light+bulbs%22&ref=nb_sb_noss
        might possibly look like http://192.168.1.103:8080/devices/filter?f="main+floor"+shed+patio&rooms=bedroom+"living+room" +workshop+pool&cat=lights+switches+sensors+"window+blinds". Then you could bookmark that URL and come back to where you left things...
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
        X