Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Miscommunication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Miscommunication

I have 3 Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7s. Most of the time there is no issue with reporting.

Every 1-2 weeks the communication between the devices gets screwed up and there is a Z-wave error whenever it sends the data for open/close status. To rectify this I have to manually wake up one of the door sensors. After I wake up one of the sensors (by pushing the activation button) the other two sensors work correctly.

The log states the following when they are not responding:
    "UPSTAIRS Z-WAVE : Secure message received from node 19. It was successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence. (Not Processed) "

Support won't help because I'm running HS4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Date/time=6/12/2020 12:47:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.0.6.0 (Windows)
    License=Registered
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: shuttle inc.
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.14393
    Uptime=14 Days 6 Hours 7 Minutes 20 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.100.177 (HomeTrollerS)
    Device Count=145
    Event Count=59
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 92 Stepping 9 at 1.86 GHz
    Modules/Threads=119 Modules, 62 Threads
    Available Threads=1022
    System Load=75 Processes, 2% Load
    Free/Total Memory=2.26 GBytes / 3.82 GBytes (59% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=2.70 GBytes / 4.51 GBytes (60% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=61 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=4 EXE Plug-Ins using 83 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,HSBuddy 3.12.413.10,SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.2,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0
    Attached Files

I don't know but it occurs in HS3 as well on other devices and brands. Here is a GE switch and a Zooz siren/chime outputting the same error in HS3. As for the switch, I have no idea why it produced the out of sequence message. I have 2 of those Zooz sirens and they constantly have connection issues. The one in the screenshot is node 57 and it consistently produces the error, and both sirens habitually fail to receive z-wave commands. An issue that Zooz support says never happens on any other platform (at least not to their knowledge). Disheartening that you're seeing it on HS4 but not surprising since we are both probably running the same z-wave plugin. Maybe that will change when HS4 releases and includes the new plugin, hopefully correcting some of these issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	data-sequence-id.png
Views:	221
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1393116

Comment

Solution:

Aeotec support looked into this error for me and suggested I add the devices as non-secure nodes. After about 3 weeks since the change I have not had any issues.

Comment

Working...
      X