HS4, HA-bridge, Harmony Hub plugin, and JSON communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4, HA-bridge, Harmony Hub plugin, and JSON communication

Just started playing with HS4, the Harmony Hub, and the Harmony plugin. Got everything setup just fine such that the Plugin/Hub show up in HS4 as a device. I can manually control the Hub through the web interface just fine also. The next step is to set up HA-bridge and connect it to HS4. So I am looking at the necessary JSON commands that need to be sent from the HA-bridge to HS4. I can see that I can create an event and use request=runevent using the group and event name. But that seems somewhat redundant since the Harmony Hub already has activities as well as the individual devices it can control . What I can't seem to find is syntax to access the Harmony Hub Plugin Device(s) directly as HS devices. Something along the lines of the request=controldevicebyvalue, but includes the plugin name and specific fields.

Anyone know where I can find documentation and/or examples of how to send JSON to HS4 plugin controlled devices directly (not using an event)? If Harmony specific even better, but of course I will take what I can get.

Thanks

here . it works with hs4 https://homeseer.com/support/homesee...nk/default.htm

Maybe you can send a command directly with a device ref and value.

here are the values I see:

to send a play command i would send :

/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=3587&value=512

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I saw that JSON list of commands. I thought there might me more, but maybe not.

To use the request=controldevicebyvalue&ref you obviously have to know the device ref number and value. Initially I was not able to see where to find the ref number or value, but your table showed where the values are and I see that under device status. I had looked at the status page before, but the column header was "Start" so I did not know those were the "value" used in a JSON command. I found a setting at setup/custom/show device ref on status page, and it adds a number after the device in the device list.. So the table shows the values, but I am not 100% sure where the device ref number is shown. For the Hub itself, it appears to have a ref number = 3 ( 3 is shown after teh hub name in the device list). But then each device on the hub has a different number. If I hover over the TV (for example) I see a ref=3 and a feature = 9. The (9) is shown after the TV in the device list. The ref=3 must be the hub, but is 9 the ref number for the TV even though the url says feature=9?

In the screen shot below (from a TV listed under the Harmony Hub Plugin), is the ID under advanced info the device ref for this specific device?

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4_Device.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	1394577

Comment

You have to click on setup ,custom. And you will see ‘’show device ref on status page’’ you’ll have to activate this. Then go back to the device pages

Comment

Working...
        X