HS3-HS4 Upgrade Issue with Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3-HS4 Upgrade Issue with Registration

Yesterday I ran the HS3-to-HS4 upgrade process (Preferred Method for Windows 10) as instructed. I selected No when prompted to remove HomeSeer HS3 settings and temporary files. The install seemed to complete successfully but when I start HS4 (from the desktop shortcut) it does not take me to the "license registration" page. HS4 is running, all my events are running as expected, but the license = "0" and when I select the "web interface" it starts but won't let me login using my HS3 credentials.

I try going to ip:8080/register.html but can't get past the authentication.

I logged into MyHS and changed my Primary System to HS4 with my new HS4 license & password, but still cannot login to the web interface.

I saw a thread about having the web port set to something other than 80, mine is 8080. I tried changing to 80 in the setup.ini but get a conflict error when starting HS4.

Have noted this in a chat/email to tech support but getting no response.

Have you tried localhost:8080/register.html? If this doesn't work I'd recommend shutting down any web servers running on port 80. Edit your HS4 settings.ini and set gWebSvrPort=80 and test.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Have you tried localhost:8080/register.html? If this doesn't work I'd recommend shutting down any web servers running on port 80. Edit your HS4 settings.ini and set gWebSvrPort=80 and test.
      I shut down to port 80 web server, changed to settings.ini to port 80. HS4 starts successfully but when I select web interface or go directly to localhost/register.html it won't accept my credentials. I am using the HS3 credentials I always used to login...

Comment

Originally posted by prje View Post

I shut down to port 80 web server, changed to settings.ini to port 80. HS4 starts successfully but when I select web interface or go directly to localhost/register.html it won't accept my credentials. I am using the HS3 credentials I always used to login...
        You need to enter you HS3 license/password then your HS4 license/password to activate your HS4 license.

Comment

You need to enter you HS3 license/password then your HS4 license/password to activate your HS4 license.
          It doesn't take any of those credential combinations. I understand that you have to enter the HS3/HS4 license/passwords on the registration page. I can't get past the browser (basic) authentication to get to the web page.

Comment

Originally posted by prje View Post

It doesn't take any of those credential combinations. I understand that you have to enter the HS3/HS4 license/passwords on the registration page. I can't get past the browser (basic) authentication to get to the web page.
            If you have trouble with the license upgrade page your myHS credentials may have not been created. Try the default login of default/default.

Comment

Is there a step where you have to use your (MyHS) credentials say, email and password?

Time of posting!

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

If you have trouble with the license upgrade page your myHS credentials may have not been created. Try the default login of default/default.
                default/default did it Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X