HS4 upgrade for HomeTroller Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 upgrade for HomeTroller Zee S2

I posted this in the PI section and I probably should have posted here... (Sorry!)

I tried the upgrade process for the HomeTroller Zee S2 from HS3 to HS4. After the upgrade I was unable to access the the Main page although I could get to the recovery page and ping the IP address. I ended up downloading and loading the HS4 software directly to the MicroSD card. I can now login to the Main page, but I am unable to restore my HS3 backup. Using the Restore process I chose the Data.zip and when it completes it gives me an error that the Config.zip does not exist in /usr/local/homeseer/RestoreConfig. I tried copying (scp) the Config.zip to that location but I still get the same error. Is there another way to get the HS3 backup date restored to HS4? I also have the tarball of the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory that I took before trying to upgrade to HS4.

First off, ask zwolfpack

If you know where the zip should be extracted (and it's with the right contents), the best thing should be to ssh into the device after making sure HomeSeer is not running and extract that zip where it should go.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by etaggart View Post
      I posted this in the PI section and I probably should have posted here... (Sorry!)

I tried the upgrade process for the HomeTroller Zee S2 from HS3 to HS4. After the upgrade I was unable to access the the Main page although I could get to the recovery page and ping the IP address. I ended up downloading and loading the HS4 software directly to the MicroSD card. I can now login to the Main page, but I am unable to restore my HS3 backup. Using the Restore process I chose the Data.zip and when it completes it gives me an error that the Config.zip does not exist in /usr/local/homeseer/RestoreConfig. I tried copying (scp) the Config.zip to that location but I still get the same error. Is there another way to get the HS3 backup date restored to HS4? I also have the tarball of the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory that I took before trying to upgrade to HS4.
      Unfortunately, it looks like I'm in the same situation. I wish I had seen your post before I followed the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by mervinj7 View Post

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm in the same situation. I wish I had seen your post before I followed the guide.
        Did guys follow instructions from here?: https://docs.homeseer.com/pages/view...ageId=17465466

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Did guys follow instructions from here?: https://docs.homeseer.com/pages/view...ageId=17465466

Eman.
          Yep, that's the one! I can still connect to the 911 page but not directly to the webpage of the system. My Google Assistant link is broken. I also tried restoring back with the HS3 backup I made but still no luck. Next, I will try SSH'ing into the device and updating mono from 4.5.1 to mono 5. Hopefully, that will be the underlying issue.

Comment

I set up a test system to try HS4. I have tested a variety of things and found that you cannot use an HS3 backup to restore your network to HS4. I have ended up the system getting corrupted on several occasions. Fortunately, I had made an image copy of my HS3 SD card before testing and I needed to re-flash the SD card a few times to recover the system.. What worked for getting my network upgraded to HS4 was to run the upgrade on an HS3 version of the full network. All the events, devices, counters, and timers, remained in tact. The install of HS4 went well without any issues and my network is now running on HS4 including the plugin for connecting with the ELK Security System. The network has 50 devices of many types including Kwikset Deadbolt locks, a Yale lever lock, switches, motion detectors, etc.

Comment

Ahuefner, I'm in the same boat you've been, and am not progressing any further. Could you expand on "What worked for getting my network upgraded to HS4 was to run the upgrade on an HS3 version of the full network." Thus far, I've tried a full install of HS4 by imaging the SD, but was not able to recover network and details from my backups. Then I re-imaged back to HS3 and tried the upgrade from there. I was able to get to the registration part of the upgraded HS4, but have never been able to return to the HS4 system since that time.
              Any tips and processes you used from the above wording would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Was your HS3 system running on a non-standard HTTP port?
                HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I was accessing the system thru a web page, if that's what your question is regarding the HTTP port.

Comment

Was your system running on port 80 (the standard http port) or had you changed it to a different port number?
                    There seems to have been issues when upgrading a system that was not port 80.

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

If your old URL did not end with :## then you were using the default http port 80...

Comment

I performed the upgrade from HS3 to HS4 on my main network. I did do a backup before doing the upgrade but I did not do a restore since it was an HS3 version. I found the upgrade instructions a little unclear because it emphasizes the backup but I believe that is in case you have to revert to HS3. I ran the upgrade on my main system and all the events, counters, devices, etc. operated fine after the upgrade. I did not use the network restore and I felt that since it is an HS3 backup, doing so would likely corrupt the HS4 software because the backup is and HS3 backup. I now have nearly a week of flawless operation on my network running HS4. I did decide to pull the SD card yesterday and make an image backup so it I ever have to rebuild my system, I would re-flash the SD card with my saved HS4 image. I have 50 devices and about 160 events running on my S2.

Comment

wolfman3570, have you tried the find.homeseer 911 to find your system. I had the issue of my HS4 licenses not showing up in myHS menu. I posted what I found as the solution in another post. It seems that HS loses you HS3 ID and PW and will not let myHS list the HS4. I was able to connect using the find.homeseer and than found a solution to get my HS4 upgrades showing up in my myHS logon menu.

Comment

Ok, all done with the HS4 upgrade. It was a long 8 hour day going thru every iteration of trying to get this upgrade to work. Ultimately, going from HS3 to HS4 was the only way, and it also took having to utilize the "Update Your System" link as the last option to get HS4 to finally appear. The most aggravating part of the process was the imaging software published with Homeseer for HS3 has a flaw in the cmdline.txt Boot sector. Inside this little gem is a statement setting the COM ports to operate at certain baud rates. I had to remove that statement so that the Z-Wave interface would start! Most annoying...

Comment

I tried upgrading my Zee S2 to HS4 today and it was a complete disaster. I followed the steps posted here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...upgrade-to-hs4. After the upgrade was completed, I didn't see any errors and the Zee rebooted fine, but I can only access the Maintenance page. If I try to access the main page, I get a failed to open in my browser. I tried the "Update System" button, but that didn't fix the problem. Looking at last line of that output, it seems to not like the version of Mono that is installed.

Could not match System Version, updated attempted. Check Mono Version for 5 or greater to confirm then Install HS4.

I checked my version of Mono and my Zee has 5.18.1.0.

So I then tried to restore my HS3 backup in Maintenance. It reported that it restored my backup and I manually rebooted. When the Zee came backup, I was still unable to access the main page. After a lot of looking around, I found the my /usr/local/HomeSeer directory was completely missing. Luckily, I had downloaded a copy of my backup, so I scp a copy over and manually extracted. That got me back to running HS3 again.

I tried upgrading again, but had the same issues, so I'm back to HS3 again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                              X