HS Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Mobile

What I would like to know is are we ever going to get Backup Dashboard and a Dark Theme on HS Mobile?

Ditto.............yeah, what he said.

Comment

Agree HS4 needs a Dark mode!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eallen40 View Post
        Agree HS4 needs a Dark mode!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I forgot about HS4 but yes that would be great also. Dark mode is easier on they eyes in a dark room.

Comment

I just upgraded to HS4 and had to rebuild all my dashboards on my phone and my wife's phone. She is looking at getting a new phone soon, which means I will have to rebuild hers again...that sucks. I would really love to see the save/share functionality for dashboards.

Comment

Found out how to restore my missing dashboard but only works on a Jail-broke Iphone. Found the HSMoble directory on my Iphone 11 IOS 13.5 Jail-broke. In the APP folder there is /Document/.config/ folder. Here there are two long UUID named folders and two other folders. One named with my old HS3 license number and the new HS4 license. These folders have images cached for use in HSMobile. I recognize many of the device icons and such.

In each of the UUID folders there is a widgets.json file that is the Dashboard config. I copied the older one from the HS3 setup to the newer folder for HS4 and fired up HSMobile and my Dashboard were back.

I am using FIleza app from the Cydia store to browse the file system. It decodes the cryptically named folders with the App name so it makes it easy to find app specific folders to do things like this.

Have also used a similar process to grab a copy of the HSTouch .xml I had lost from my PC. Have seen many threads over the years asking that question as well. Not sure how this works in Android but I have the IOS side figured out.

Have not tried this to transfer the widgets.json file to another device but will try that with newer IPad I have that is also jail-broke. If it works then I am in business and will have to get the wife's IPhone jail-broke to enable this and restore some WAF.

Will get some screen shots to add latter.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Attached Files

Comment

Success on device to device copies!

Copied the widgets.json file from my IPhone to IPad and it works. Both are Jailbroke with 13.5 IOS and both have the easy to use Fileza File manager app installed.

Now just need a export and import widgets.json function native to the app.

Comment

Sounds like it would be fairly easy for HomeSeer to add a Dashboard Backup feature. This should of been there since day 1. Moving forward I will not use HS Mobile till there is a Dashboard backup.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                    Sounds like it would be fairly easy for HomeSeer to add a Dashboard Backup feature. This should of been there since day 1. Moving forward I will not use HS Mobile till there is a Dashboard backup.
                    A dashboard backup feature would be a stopgap measure. What is really needed is a method to save a dashboard to the server or to (shudder) the cloud and then be able to deploy it to a HSMobile client.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                      Success on device to device copies!

Copied the widgets.json file from my IPhone to IPad and it works. Both are Jailbroke with 13.5 IOS and both have the easy to use Fileza File manager app installed.

Now just need a export and import widgets.json function native to the app.

I just wanted to say thanks for proving that this is possible and finding the file. It saved me a couple hours of time last weekend. I was able to do it on a non-jailbroken device using Alt Store and Filza Escaped so there is always that option for people that don't want to jailbreak as long as that version of Filza Escaped continues to work.

Comment

I tried downloading Filza Escaped without any luck. I think this scheme doesn't work with Android 10.

Comment

Originally posted by lingerba View Post
                          I just upgraded to HS4 and had to rebuild all my dashboards on my phone and my wife's phone. She is looking at getting a new phone soon, which means I will have to rebuild hers again...that sucks. I would really love to see the save/share functionality for dashboards.
                          Using Android if you use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer your app data to the new phone HS Mobile dashboards should come across. On my first try it did not work so I deleted the app on my new phone, went to the custom setting on Smart Switch and selected HS Mobile ONLY then started the transfer and VIOLA! The dashboards were all intact!!

Comment

Working...
                          X