Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't remove category from a device -bug - reported!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remove category from a device -bug - reported!

Anyone else? I see this was reported as a bug during Beta that was supposedly fixed, yet here I am.

Select the device or feature in list view by clicking its name then press the X next to the category next to the Add Category button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	catagory.PNG
Views:	320
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1399324
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Same here. Click on the X. Category removed. Click save. Recheck and it's back.

Comment

Thanks. Ya, I click the X, save, but then it's still there when I go back in. I was able to remove it by editing the json. That'll work for now.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
          Same here. Click on the X. Category removed. Click save. Recheck and it's back.
          If it is an issue, please report

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

---
          John

Comment

Looks like a bug as this doesn't work here either.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can report it

Comment

Originally posted by Screwy View Post
                I can report it
                Yes please do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

Yes please do.
                  Done. HSCS-272

Comment

Originally posted by Screwy View Post

Done. HSCS-272
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

If it is an issue, please report

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

---
                      John
                      I tried that. It says my login info is wrong. I tried forgot password but I never received a email to reset. Not in my junk folder.

Jim

Comment

Do you have to be a developer to login?

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                          Do you have to be a developer to login?
                          No, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...to-help-center for instructions.

---
                          John

Comment

Looks like this thread is almost a year old and I found it because I'm having this issue. Has this still not been addressed? There seems to be a way to bulk add a category but no way to bulk remove a category??
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes, still an issue. I have an open case w/HS. My issue is the category seems to have become orphaned. Can't delete it or remove it from devices. HS told me to delete the device, and since it was only one I did. However still can remove the category. Then they told me to ignore it, I pushed back and granted them access to review my system upon request. Waiting for an update. Frustrating to get the level one round around when it's a long standing issue...

Comment

Working...
                              X