Update to Z-Wave Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to Z-Wave Devices

How do we request an update (or manually make an update) to the recognized ZWave devices? I have a new device (Inovelli LZW36) that isn't correctly recognized by HS. HS recognizes and controls it as a single switch, but it actually has two (a fan and a light).

Assuming the HS does support the device I would exclude it and then include it again. I had a bunch of z-wave devices that didn't show all the features and HS but after excluding them and including them again they worked.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, I have tried both exclude/include and rescanning the node. Neither turned anything new up. The device is running a 700 series Zwave chip and the controller is running on HS4, not sure if that matters. But either way, it only exposes a single switch. If there is a way to update the devices, I'm happy to do it, just need to know what to do.

Comment

Any update on this? I have the same problem with the LZW36... HS only shows a single device which controls both the light and the fan on the LZW36

Comment

Originally posted by acabtp View Post
          Any update on this? I have the same problem with the LZW36... HS only shows a single device which controls both the light and the fan on the LZW36
          HS does not claim support for this device (or any Inovelli device) on their support page, so you may want to contact them. The fact that it does not work underscores the false claim of Certified Z-wave compatibility. HS must program around the vagaries of the certification process and the command_classes required for EACH device as designed by the manufacturer. Provide this information to HS: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3902 and they can probably advise.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
          2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Removing the LZW36 and re-adding it non-secure got it working for me.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/...light-homeseer

According to Inovelli they have already contacted HS about this issue. I will contact HS also so they know HS customers are interested in this also, not just the vendor.

Comment

Working...
            X