Update to Z-Wave Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to Z-Wave Devices

How do we request an update (or manually make an update) to the recognized ZWave devices? I have a new device (Inovelli LZW36) that isn't correctly recognized by HS. HS recognizes and controls it as a single switch, but it actually has two (a fan and a light).

Removing the LZW36 and re-adding it non-secure got it working for me.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/...light-homeseer

According to Inovelli they have already contacted HS about this issue. I will contact HS also so they know HS customers are interested in this also, not just the vendor.

Comment

I'm looking at this switch and wanted to know about the fan speed control. Is it variable or are there 3 speeds to chose from? Does this work with Alexa in that can I tell it to run the speed at low, medium or high? Anyone having experience with these?

Edit: I found this great video answering my question which may help othersas well. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ua7eXtQrHE
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by acabtp View Post
        Removing the LZW36 and re-adding it non-secure got it working for me.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/...light-homeseer

According to Inovelli they have already contacted HS about this issue. I will contact HS also so they know HS customers are interested in this also, not just the vendor.
        I've had several devices that don't include correctly or at all, for that matter, in secure mode. I exclude them and re-include in non-secure mode and they work fine after that.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Are you using this switch? The reason I ask is because it appears that it adds the device with a slider. Thinking further, I assume it's dimmable. Saying that, then like any other device in Alexa, I should be able to turn it on to n percent. So perhaps, I really don't need to create virtual devices at specific values as the guy in the video does. Just wanted to confirm.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Are you using this switch? The reason I ask is because it appears that it adds the device with a slider. Thinking further, I assume it's dimmable. Saying that, then like any other device in Alexa, I should be able to turn it on to n percent. So perhaps, I really don't need to create virtual devices at specific values as the guy in the video does. Just wanted to confirm.
            No. My comment wasn't specific to that switch. I just wanted to state my experience was similar to for several devices.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
            X