Netcam currentimage.jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netcam currentimage.jpg

I am trying to get my event going in HS4. When Netcam takes a picture there is no currentimage.jpg in the images folder. Every time a picture is taken the filename of the picture is different. Was currentimage removed HS4?

Thanks
    Jim

I could get Netcam for HS4 to work correctly. There was several issues. The main problem is there is no currentimage.jpg.

I just uninstalled HS4 netcam and installed HS3 netcam. So far it is working fine. Now I have currentimage.jpg feature back. I have a event that takes a picture from my front door camera and emails it to me then waits 2 seconds then takes a picture from my street camera and emails to me. I am using phonenumber@mms.att.net so I actually get a text message.

Jim

Edit: I could not get Netcam for HS4 to work correctly. I forgot the word not above.

Comment

I reported this a while ago, and this was the answer from HS team:
      18/jun/20 10:03 PM
      I understand you wanting to email the latest snapshot image and our plan is to add that to HS4, no plugin will be needed. The Netcam plugin is open source and we put it out as a sample plugin for developers. Maybe someone will add more features to it.

But its not yet done/fixed like a lott of other tickets reported!

Comment

rjh What is the status of ticket HSCS-60 ?
        Will it be possible to add an clip to a e-mail as attachment?
        It's possible to create an event that's records a clip, it would be even greater when you can add that clip to an e-mail as an attachment

Comment

Paul32

Greetings,

Just a thought. What about using a script that emails the file with the latest creation time/date? If need be, you could use the script to rename the file with the latest time/date to currentimage.jpg first.

I’ve never used HS3. Is there any patteren to the file names that are created instead of currentimage.jpg?

Roger D

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
            Paul32

Greetings,

Just a thought. What about using a script that emails the file with the latest creation time/date? If need be, you could use the script to rename the file with the latest time/date to currentimage.jpg first.

I’ve never used HS3. Is there any patteren to the file names that are created instead of currentimage.jpg?

Roger D
            Indeed...and I wrote a script for someone to do this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...60#post1412660
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Indeed...and I wrote a script for someone to do this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...60#post1412660
              Thanks jon00, it works perfect, even an mp4

rjh Forget ticket HSCS-60, it's already solved with the script of jon00

Comment

I agree that this could be easier. Just so I understand, I assume that with the event action that records a clip you would also want an option to email that clip? I think that is the best way as that is the only time that the clip filename is known (since it was created by that event).
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  I agree that this could be easier. Just so I understand, I assume that with the event action that records a clip you would also want an option to email that clip? I think that is the best way as that is the only time that the clip filename is known (since it was created by that event).
                  Yes, I want to e-mail that clip/jpg, now it's done by:
                  - record the clip with "Record From a Camera"
                  - Run the script from jon00
                  - sent email, With attachment: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\captures\latest.mp4

The function "Record From a Camera", creates 3 files:
                  *****.jpg
                  *****.json
                  *****.mp4

Why is the ******.jpg file 142x80 pixels? It's useless to sent as attachment.

Comment

rjh The function "Record From a Camera", creates 3 files:
                    *****.jpg
                    *****.json
                    *****.mp4

Can you make the *****.jpg image bigger? like the mp4 record size, (setup->cameras->Camera Recording)

Then we can use that image to sent as an attachement

Comment

The .jpg file is used as a thumbnail on the recordings page. What I can do is add another jpg that is larger.

I assume that you want an event that creates a recording and then sends you an email with the thumbnail? Might be best to also add a checkbox to the recording event action that allows you to do that. That way you don't have to hunt for the jpg. The folder that the jpg is in will be constantly changing.

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                      rjh The function "Record From a Camera", creates 3 files:
                      *****.jpg
                      *****.json
                      *****.mp4

Can you make the *****.jpg image bigger? like the mp4 record size, (setup->cameras->Camera Recording)

Then we can use that image to sent as an attachement
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        I assume that you want an event that creates a recording and then sends you an email with the thumbnail? Might be best to also add a checkbox to the recording event action that allows you to do that.

Yes that would be great
                        The URL is stil wrong to see recordings from the camera's, I'm in europe (NL)
                        Now
                        http://192.168.178.163:80/recordings...wdate=1/3/2022
                        No recordings found!

When I change the URL to:
                        http://192.168.178.163:80/recordings.html?viewdate=3/1/2022
                        Then I see recordings.

Comment

Working...
                        X