Update Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Failing

I installed HS4 using the alternative method. Step 2 says to open HS4 and then closing it. When I open it HS4 claims there is an update despite the fact that I downloaded the latest version 4.1.1.0. When I proceed with the upgrade it give me a dialog to modify, fix or remove the installation. I clicked on fix. However, then I get an error message that it failed doing so. When I shut down HS4 and restart it the same thing starts happening again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Update.png
Views:	224
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1400698

Name:	Modify.png
Views:	209
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1400699

Name:	UpgradeFailed.png
Views:	240
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1400697

I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue at support@homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This should be fixed now.

Comment

Rupp so you were able to reproduce it?

And to answer your question, I don't think it was running in the background. I got a dialog box telling me it's running and it asked me if I wanted to the installer to shut down HS4. As I usually do in those situations, I am shutting down the program myself which is also what I did with HS4.

Comment

Yes I was able to reproduce it and a fix has been put in for the prompting to update after the update just completed with and error.

Comment

Working...
          X