Hs4 segfault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs4 segfault

Installing hs4 on a pi with mono6. Keeps segfaulting. Disabled dev mode. Even disabled all plugins no luck. Anyone else hit this ?

Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: homeseer.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi stop_homeseer.sh[28079]: % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi stop_homeseer.sh[28079]: Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi stop_homeseer.sh[28079]: #015 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -::- -::- -::- 0#015100 169 100 169 0 0 75750 0 -::- -::- -::- 165k
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi stop_homeseer.sh[28079]: <html>
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi stop_homeseer.sh[28079]: <head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
    Jul 8 19:21:28 raspberrypi

what exact version of mono do you run?
    one user reported segmentation fault with mono 5.18, and then updated to 6.10 and the problem disappeared
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...aults-on-linux

Comment

Thanks, already on 6.10 though

$ mono -V
      Mono JIT compiler version 6.10.0.104 (tarball Fri Jun 26 20:06:03 UTC 2020)
      Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

Comment

Could you post the contents of your homeseer.service file. Something doesn’t look right with that output log.

Comment

# cat /etc/systemd/system/homeseer.service

[Unit]
          Description=HomeSeer HS3 Home Automation Server
          After=network.target

[Service]
          WorkingDirectory=/opt/HomeSeer
          ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe --log
          ExecStop=/opt/HomeSeer/stop_homeseer.sh
          Restart=on-failure
          TimeoutStopSec=90

[Install]
          WantedBy=multi-user.target

Comment

Originally posted by dberg View Post
            # cat /etc/systemd/system/homeseer.service

[Unit]
            Description=HomeSeer HS3 Home Automation Server
            After=network.target

[Service]
            WorkingDirectory=/opt/HomeSeer
            ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe --log
            ExecStop=/opt/HomeSeer/stop_homeseer.sh
            Restart=on-failure
            TimeoutStopSec=90

[Install]
            WantedBy=multi-user.target
            What hardware /OS platform are you running HS4 on.

Comment

Ok I should have asked, what model Pi and what version of Raspbian are you running on. Did you script your own homeseer.service file.

Comment

Two things I’m going to suggest. Stop the homeseer.service and run HS in debug mode. cd into your HSConsole folder and run

sudo mono HSConsole.exe —log

If HS loads correctly quit out of it and try commenting out ExecStop from your service daemon and relaunch the service daemon again.

Your service daemon looks typical for a Ubuntu setup. Are you sure all your folder paths match exactly where HS is located.

Your segfault error could be related to permissions on your system. If you are running off an SD card it’s possible the card is failing hence the speed issue. I assume you have no issues with your broadband connection.

Comment

I believe its a Pi 3

OS Info
                  # cat /etc/os-release
                  PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
                  NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
                  VERSION_ID="9"
                  VERSION="9 (stretch)"
                  ID=raspbian
                  ID_LIKE=debian
                  HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
                  SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
                  BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

Tried starting it manually, no luck. Once i log in it just dies with "Segmentation Fault"

Comment

Ok. I suggest you upgrade your OS to Raspbian Buster by doing a fresh install and adding Mono from the Mono Project repository BEFORE you install HS4.

This can be done from here https://www.mono-project.com/downloa...d-lin-raspbian You are looking for Raspbian 10 (armhf). Just follow the instructions. As soon as that is done you follow the usual instructions to install HS4 and it’s dependencies.

The latest stable version of Mono will have most of its testing done with Raspbian Buster (Debian 10).

Are you sure your SD card is functioning correctly and your broadband connection is good and your RPI power supply is up to the job

Have a read of this and you’ll understand why I asked https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=255802

Comment

Thats interesting, I dont have any reason to believe the SD card is failing. And the power adapter is a certified one that came with the Pi but i guess not impossible. It's odd that HS3 would work flawlessly though and HS4 segfaults every time?

I'll give the upgrade a shot and report back.

Comment

Thank you, for reasons i do not fully grasp upgrading to buster seemed to have worked and HS4 now loads.

Comment

Originally posted by dberg View Post
                          Thank you, for reasons i do not fully grasp upgrading to buster seemed to have worked and HS4 now loads.
                          The reason is purely down to the fact that most of the testing is done with the latest version of Raspbian and Mono. Ironically the latest version of Mono in the Raspbian repository is always one release behind that of the Mono repository so that’s why you need to add the Mono Project repository source before you install HS4.

Problem solved and another satisified HS4 user. I thought you’d given up as all was quiet from your end.

Comment

Working...
                          X