HS4 default backup location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 default backup location

Does anyone know where the default backup location is for HS4?

Homeseer/ConfigBackup

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

I wish HomeSeer would just put the actual location there rather than "default"

Comment

I agree.

Comment

+1 it does not accept even a network location.... shady process
            -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              +1 it does not accept even a network location.... shady process
              I have a remote/network drive mounted on my Linux box and it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                Homeseer/ConfigBackup
                That's the raw files from the "latest" backup.

The "default" path that the actual backups are stored in is [HomeSeerPath]/html/backups

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
                I wish HomeSeer would just put the actual location there rather than "default"
                I proposed this when I reported the recursive backup within backup problem - as I had no idea that "default" actually represented a path, you can't put an English word into a file system path and expect anyone to know what that is. They fixed the bug but not that feedback sadly.
                ‚Äč
                What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
                But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
                I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

So wait, to clarify, you can't put a network path as the default backup path for auto backups?

That seems like the most important point of doing backups, getting them off the local box in case the drive crashes.

And I'm referring to the Windows version, not the mono linux port.

Comment

Moderation level is getting absurd Rupp. You should be able to cope with criticism if you implement a crappy solution.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                    The "default" path that the actual backups are stored in is [HomeSeerPath]/html/backups
                    Haha, that locations makes sense :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                      So wait, to clarify, you can't put a network path as the default backup path for auto backups?

That seems like the most important point of doing backups, getting them off the local box in case the drive crashes.

And I'm referring to the Windows version, not the mono linux port.
                      Backing up to a remote server works fine. Just make sure you use the UNC path.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Backing up to a remote server works fine. Just make sure you use the UNC path.
                        Didn't work for me. Just tried again

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Didn't work for me. Just tried again
                          Post the path you used.
                          Jon

Comment

Lol, I used the UNC path to my NAS

Comment

So if you paste the UNC path into Windows search (on your HS4 PC) you can access it via explorer directly?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X