No announcement yet.

HS4 default backup location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information "concordseer", I really appreciate it. I would like however for the automated backup procedure to place the file on my NAS where it would be automatically backed up multiple times to other NAS devices as well as being mirrored. Writing to a local device of any kind, would mean having to put a script in place to move the file(s) after the automatic backup occurs. It is doable, even without a local pen drive but it should not be necessary. Thanks again for your feedback. Hopefully the HomeSeer folks will fix the backup process.

Comment

Thank you "Demusman", you are correct and I was able to get into the site. The main page just disappears so quickly, unless you read really fast, the important information is missed (user name and password). Thanks again however.

Comment

Originally posted by tslaton View Post
        Thanks for the information "concordseer", I really appreciate it. I would like however for the automated backup procedure to place the file on my NAS where it would be automatically backed up multiple times to other NAS devices as well as being mirrored. Writing to a local device of any kind, would mean having to put a script in place to move the file(s) after the automatic backup occurs. It is doable, even without a local pen drive but it should not be necessary. Thanks again for your feedback. Hopefully the HomeSeer folks will fix the backup process.
        Yes it was just a heads up so you could find it easily. I wasn’t sure what platform you were running HS4 on so I supplied a typical Linux setup location.

I’ve no doubt the backup location issue will be addressed in the next release. Backup to the client rather than the server is always the preferable method.

Comment

Working...
        X