HS4 default backup location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 default backup location

Does anyone know where the default backup location is for HS4?

So wait, to clarify, you can't put a network path as the default backup path for auto backups?

That seems like the most important point of doing backups, getting them off the local box in case the drive crashes.

And I'm referring to the Windows version, not the mono linux port.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
      So wait, to clarify, you can't put a network path as the default backup path for auto backups?

That seems like the most important point of doing backups, getting them off the local box in case the drive crashes.

And I'm referring to the Windows version, not the mono linux port.
      Backing up to a remote server works fine. Just make sure you use the UNC path.
      Jon

Comment

In response to the OP, using default as the backup location in Linux and it's variants (Ubuntu, Raspbian) you can find your backup located in /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/backups. The backup file should be named something like this 7_31_2020-16_3.zip If in doubt a quick search of your drive for zip backup files if using Linux and unsure of your file location like this sudo find / -name "*.zip" will quickly identify its location. If you want to store that backup away from your primary install you could attach a pen drive to your unit and copy over your backup file.

Comment

I was able to save a mounted NAS location for backups on my HomeTroller Pi (HS 4.1.11.0).

Comment

Working...
          X