HS4 License Registration Issue - License entered, will not connect/verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 License Registration Issue - License entered, will not connect/verify

This is one of those things where I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I can't find anything at all that suggests I'm doing anything wrong or what to do to fix this.

Upgraded from HS3 to HS4 on Linux. Upgrade went smoothly, no issues at all following the instructions.

i started HomeSeer, everything starts normally, and I can see in the terminal that everything looks good, it's just producing a constant result of "Unable to connect to MyHS service, license ID is 0. Please register the system with a valid license." OK, makes sense.

Open browser, navigate to HS, get the registration screen. Everything looks good so far. Enter license ID and password, click Continue, and....nothing. The page appears to be trying to load, but it doesn't work.

Thought maybe it was a Chrome issue with a plugin blocking the connection. Tried in incognito mode, still no dice. Tried Firefox. Same thing. Tried Edge. Same thing.

Thought maybe it was something with the linux instance itself, so I restarted the whole machine and tried again -- same thing. No matter what I do, it keeps doing the same thing, and it basically just looks like it's failing to connect.

As a sidenote, I've also tried multiple licenses (all valid), with no luck. The instructions aren't abundantly clear about which license to try, so I first put my HS3 license info in there, and that didn't work so I went back and put my HS4 license info and that didn't work either. To be clear, in case this matters, i also restarted between trying the HS3 license and HS4 license, so unless it hangs on to the info somewhere else, it wouldn't still be trying that other license.

Here's a screenshot that doesn't show much other than the spinning circle in the middle, which is all it shows any time I click continue. To be clear, yes, both the machine I'm using and the Linux/HS4 instance itself have direct access to the internet -- nothing blocking it.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1222
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1401429

Replying to my own post here, but something else I tried just now was to delete the licenses.bin file in the Config folder and then restart HS. The licenses.bin file reappeared, but still no dice when trying my HS4 license info.

Comment

The license you enter in step 1 is the HS4 license. If you upgraded then in step 2 you have to enter the HS3 license. Note that the password is not the password of your username but the password HS gave you when you purchased the license. If that still doesn't work then I would contact HS. They have stated before that if you have license issues you should call them.

Comment

Thank you, mulu.

I am using the password associated with the license I received from HS, so I'm good to go there.

After I had started this thread, I did find the ticketing system and filed a ticket. We'll see if I get a response there.

Thanks again!

Comment

Are you referring to the HS4 developer portal to submit bugs and feature requests? If so, it might take some time to get an answer. I would write to support@homeseer.com. You will get a response much faster. Or call them.

Comment

Was this issue resolved? I am having the same issue and would like to know what the fix was.
            Thanks

Comment

Also having the same problem.

Comment

You guys need to put in support tickets for this issue.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Also having the same problem. Raised a ticket with them.

Comment

I have the same issue. I have been trying for weeks to get someone at support to help me. I've emailed multiple times, and opened multiple tickets. I got a single response one time that asked for a screenshot. Never heard from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
                      I have the same issue. I have been trying for weeks to get someone at support to help me. I've emailed multiple times, and opened multiple tickets. I got a single response one time that asked for a screenshot. Never heard from them again.
                      What are your ticket ID's and I'll have a look.

Comment

HSOTHER-184
                        HSOTHER-186

My father opened a ticket last week too after I stopped getting a response on 184. The process of looking up my requests show that NONE of my responses/replies to the emails are showing up in these tickets. I'm not sure if the ticketing system is broken, but that could explain why nobody responds.

Comment

HSOTHER-184
                          HSOTHER-186

My father opened a ticket last week too after I stopped getting a response on 184. The process of looking up my requests show that NONE of my responses/replies to the emails are showing up in these tickets. I'm not sure if the ticketing system is broken, but that could explain why nobody responds.
                          Your 184 ticket was responded to a few minutes after you opened the ticket 6 days ago. You then first responded back 4 hours ago and the ticket is being worked.
                          Ticket 186 was created 6 hours ago and was responded to within an hour after opening. No response has been returned.
                          So please check your timelines and be sure to check for our responses.

Comment

Did you send the screenshot as neither of these ticket have been responded to.

Comment

Rupp See items 2 and 3 in my last post. I did in fact reply within a few minutes of the request asking for a screenshot. Then an additional 2 times over the course of a week when I got zero responses. I'm happy to forward the email thread to someone that wants to fix the broken ticketing system.

Comment

Working...
                              X