HS4 License Registration Issue - License entered, will not connect/verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
    Rupp See items 2 and 3 in my last post. I did in fact reply within a few minutes of the request asking for a screenshot. Then an additional 2 times over the course of a week when I got zero responses. I'm happy to forward the email thread to someone that wants to fix the broken ticketing system.
    You need to login to the portal if you are using the new help desk or we will not receive your replies.
    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Please add that to the message that goes out then. There is zero percent chance a normal person who has contacted any other support helpdesk in the world would know this.

A link to the ticket would be ideal. But seriously, emails come across as a conversation. You need to add something like

************************************************************ ****************************************
      WE WILL NOT GET YOUR REPLIES, PLEASE LOGIN TO THE HELPDESK TO REPLY
      ************************************************************ ****************************************
      Attached Files

Comment

Please add that to the message that goes out then. There is zero percent chance a normal person who has contacted any other support helpdesk in the world would know this.

A link to the ticket would be ideal. But seriously, emails come across as a conversation. You need to add something like

WE WILL NOT GET YOUR REPLIES, PLEASE LOGIN TO THE HELPDESK TO REPLY
        I'm trying to figure out why we received some your responses today but not earlier. Did you respond from a different email account?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I'm trying to figure out why we received some your responses today but not earlier. Did you respond from a different email account?
          I don't believe any of my replies on email ever showed up. When you asked for ticket numbers, I tried finding them in the email, and couldn't. So I logged into my account and found the "requests" section, where I saw the tickets as well as status of "waiting on customer". I opened them and saw that none of my replies were included in the tickets. From there on out, I logged in and posted all replies directly on the ticket as opposed to replying to the emails.

Comment

I don't believe any of my replies on email ever showed up. When you asked for ticket numbers, I tried finding them in the email, and couldn't. So I logged into my account and found the "requests" section, where I saw the tickets as well as status of "waiting on customer". I opened them and saw that none of my replies were included in the tickets. From there on out, I logged in and posted all replies directly on the ticket as opposed to replying to the emails.
            I've ask the help desk devs to look into this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I've ask the help desk devs to look into this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
              thanks, I appreciate you jumping in to assist

Comment

Also having this issue, opened a ticket on the dev portal
                Ticket#HSCS-9593

Newly imaged Pi4, trying to use my licensed I purchased back in Aug of 2020

Comment

Licensing is a major problem - - I've been struggling with this same issue for a while with no resolution. I even tried starting over with a HS Factory disk of HS3 and now have two disks with no way to license. Guess I'll wait a week and see if support returns to work.

Comment

Originally posted by rwenner View Post
                    Licensing is a major problem - - I've been struggling with this same issue for a while with no resolution. I even tried starting over with a HS Factory disk of HS3 and now have two disks with no way to license. Guess I'll wait a week and see if support returns to work.
                    What is your ticket id and I'll look into this issue.

Comment

HSCS-11252 - - I paid $30. to transfer the license on a used SEL and then paid $39.50 for a HS4 upgrade license which doesn't work. I've had to wait days for a short email from support that was useless. No way to talk to a support person, all are on holiday. To make things even more difficult, the SEL is two hours away at the lake house. (have to be local to run find.homeseer upgrade). I can provide LicenseID's and Passwords under separate cover.

Comment

I got my issue resolved and have HS4 up and running. evidently Safari does not work to register the SEL. Once I tried Chrome it worked just fine. This would be a good thing to mention in the instructions if only one browser is supported.

Comment

Working...
                        X