Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should user configs have come over during HS3 Pro > HS4 Pro upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should user configs have come over during HS3 Pro > HS4 Pro upgrade?

I followed the steps here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...hs4-on-windows

I did delete the user.cfg and users.cfg.temp as instructed. Once HS4 was up and running were we supposed to then copy those files to the HS4 config directory to restore our normal user list? I didn't see that in the instructions.

HS4 seems to be running happily but HomeSeer Mobile would not initially connect. I did go back into HS4 and since there was now only 1 local user account I created the user@domain.com account & PW matching my MyHS account. That seems to have resolved itself now, but prior to the upgrade I had numerous other user accounts and those are gone.

I am sure there is a reason why they ask to delete those files and not copy them over. In any case, I had exactly the same issue as you did. I ended up with just one user and my HSTouch clients couldn't connect anymore. I added the missing users back in and then it started working. HS really should mention this in the upgrade instructions. And if they would provide an installer that upgrades from HS3 then all those problems wouldn't even occur.

Comment

Opened this: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...tal/2/HSCS-415

Comment

Almost 3 years after purchasing my HS4 pro upgrade license, I finally decided to upgrade from HS3 to HS4. Ugh. Yeah, same problem (lost users). Good thing I had notes of my old users, so I just recreated them.

Comment

Kind of strange but I never deleted those files when I did the upgrade and all of my users stayed as they were. I don't use MyHS so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
          X