Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Mobile not showing any devices or events - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Mobile not showing any devices or events - Solved!

Hey all,

Having an annoying problem since upgrading to HS4 where Homeseer Mobile is not displaying any devices or events.

Everything else in HS4 Pro is working fine (aside from rooms and floors being messed up after the upgrade - it changed to device names for some silly reason), however Homeseer Mobile shows nothing.

Note, all of the following is using Android devices (from Android 8 through 10), I don't do IOS (can't stand it).

I have:
    -Uninstalled app then reinstalled. Have cleared cache and data then uninstalled and reinstalled. No charge
    -Have restarted homeseer a number of times, no change.
    -Have turned off myhs access via homeseer and turned it back on, no change
    -Have attempted on another device hot-spotted to a mobile connection, no change (so it's not the device)
    -Have logged into myhs using that other device and all works fine from web-browser using the same login, proving it's not a local login.
    -Have deleted the myhs system and resetup the account on myhs.homeseer.com from scratch to match the account in homeseer (my email address) - no change.
    -Have updated the homeseer mobile app to the latest version (with the HS4 text changes), but was not working prior to the update, no change.

The only thing that I can get in the Homeseer mobile app that looks like it is talking to myhs is under Plugins - the LIFx plugin shows up, but no other plugins show up.

Occasionally it pops up with an error with 'having trouble contacting homeseer' in the app, but it seems transient and only happens occasionally. All I can see in the app is "we didn't find any devices'.

Never had a problem with it before - login and bam - everything is there. Both under HS3 and HS4 BETA.

Any ideas? It's been doing my head-in for two days, and I'd really like it to work.Could it be an account issue at myhs or something stupid I am doing?

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Stew.

FYI, system is a Windows 7 VM (my old X10 stuff won't work on Win10) running on HyperV, with Virtualhere USB over IP software to interface all devices.

Plugins are LIFx, Chromecast, MEIHarmonyHub, RFXCom, Ultralighting3, Ultramon, WeatherXML, X10 and Z-Wave. Disabled plugins are AirplaySpeak, Easytrigger, HSBuddy and SQ Blaster.

Internet is 100/40mbps Fibre, and I'm located in Australia (in Melbourne and locked-down due to COVID atm!).

I am having the same problem with the iOS version of homeseer mobile after upgrading to HS4PRO from HS3PRO. If I log in to myhs via browser I see everything. When I log in to the mobile app, nothing, no devices. Deleted app, reinstalled. Can't find any help with this on this online..

Comment

Originally posted by bluekodama View Post
      I am having the same problem with the iOS version of homeseer mobile after upgrading to HS4PRO from HS3PRO. If I log in to myhs via browser I see everything. When I log in to the mobile app, nothing, no devices. Deleted app, reinstalled. Can't find any help with this on this online..
      Is your myHS user account assigned to your HS4 license?
      Is you myHS user account listed in your HS4 user acccounts as admin + local and the only account using local?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Is your myHS user account assigned to your HS4 license?
        Is you myHS user account listed in your HS4 user acccounts as admin + local and the only account using local?
        Hey Rupp,

Yeah, I have a user account (my email) that I use to login to myhs as a user in homeseer. I've also tried with both admin and local for that specific account with no luck (if that's what you mean).

However, I believe I have just managed to work around it.

-Registered a new email address
        -Deleted my account at myhs.homeseer.com (deleted the system completely)
        -Added the new email address as a user to HS4 with the same permissions as my original email address
        -Registered a new account at myhs.homeseer.com with the new email address
        -logged into Homeseer mobile and tested - all devices are now showing as expected.

i believe my original email address / account stored at myhs.homeseer.com is corrupted or messed up in some way.

Deleting it and re-adding it didn't have any affect in the past, but a completely new email address bound to my homeseer license works as normal. Perhaps there are remnants of my old license attached to my original login or something .. ?

While there is likely something wrong at myhs, my issue is now resolved. I don't have backups or camera recordings I care about on my old login, so this has sorted it for me.

Bluekodama - if you can obtain a new email and don't care about camera recordings or backups, this may work for you as well.

Thanks for your help.

Stew.

Comment

Originally posted by stewymelb View Post

Hey Rupp,

Yeah, I have a user account (my email) that I use to login to myhs as a user in homeseer. I've also tried with both admin and local for that specific account with no luck (if that's what you mean).

However, I believe I have just managed to work around it.

-Registered a new email address
          -Deleted my account at myhs.homeseer.com (deleted the system completely)
          -Added the new email address as a user to HS4 with the same permissions as my original email address
          -Registered a new account at myhs.homeseer.com with the new email address
          -logged into Homeseer mobile and tested - all devices are now showing as expected.

i believe my original email address / account stored at myhs.homeseer.com is corrupted or messed up in some way.

Deleting it and re-adding it didn't have any affect in the past, but a completely new email address bound to my homeseer license works as normal. Perhaps there are remnants of my old license attached to my original login or something .. ?

While there is likely something wrong at myhs, my issue is now resolved. I don't have backups or camera recordings I care about on my old login, so this has sorted it for me.

Bluekodama - if you can obtain a new email and don't care about camera recordings or backups, this may work for you as well.

Thanks for your help.

Stew.
          You should put in a support ticket to have your old address removed if it's no longer needed.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm having the same problem. No devices out anything in the homeseer app using Android. I would really prefer not to delete and recreate an account. Any help would be great.

Fwiw when I log into myhs website all my devices and events are there and work. It's just the app that is not working. Thanks

Comment

I am having the same issue as well but not will to delete my account and add another email address . I do have a ticket open but no resolution yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the same problem. Accessing my system through the MyHS website works fine, but neither HSBuddy nor any of my Tasker scripts are working. If I manually type in the script url in a browser, it just returns "timeout from host, source IP:XXX". I would rather not have to change the email account I use for my scripts, because there are a lot of entries I would have to change.

Comment

Got things working by changing my password. When I changed it back to the old password, it went back to returned timeout errors. There's definitely something with the old credentials that retains the old license info in the MyHS system.

Comment

Finally got this working with help from support. Needed to add a user account with same credentials as the web login. Then had to re-registered /activate HS4.

Comment

jryan15 I did exactly what you said but I still cannot see anything on my app (iOS). Is there anything else I need to do? I also removed the system from MyHS and reactivate it again but it is still the same.

Comment

I just upgraded today and have no devices or events. I've tried all the things listed here an nothing. srki did you ever get an answer?

Barry

Comment

@lhfarm yes I contacted support. My issue was that I had two usernames; one local and one for myhs. The username that is connected to the myhs service must be set to admin. The local user account (I assume you have one) must have the same password as your myhs username. I also set my myhs user account as "use when local", don't know if that have any importance. Hope you get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by srki View Post
                            @lhfarm yes I contacted support. My issue was that I had two usernames; one local and one for myhs. The username that is connected to the myhs service must be set to admin. The local user account (I assume you have one) must have the same password as your myhs username. I also set my myhs user account as "use when local", don't know if that have any importance. Hope you get it to work.
                            Thanks. I've contacted support. I encountered a strange problem of myhs not accepting my email address, so I had to use a different account. Said it was a format error. I used by HS address xx@mydomain.net and they thought the xx was too short. Anyway, I'll try changing passwords and see what works.

Comment

Hi, i am consider to buy HS4 for my new raspberry pi4 and about 30 Z-wave devices and HUE lamps. I am using Domoticz now for about 6 years, on a Raspberry Pi3.So i download this weekend the trial version from the website. And after some isseu's with the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, i got it working. So when i login with MyHS on the computer, perfect! I build some scenes to experiment and working. So the next step is HomeSeer Mobile to see how this works on my android. It is possible to connect to my HS4 on the mobile. But in the devices tap, nothing appears. Only the message 'We didn't find any devices' . There are devices! I also tried to login Local, with the same result. I can't find a good answer for this isseu in this Forum. Can somebody help me. I am like to buy the Homeseer software, but first i need to be sure everything on my mobile also work. Thank you in advance.

Jack van Hal
                              The Netherlands

Comment

Working...
                              X