Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Mobile not showing any devices or events - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
    Finally got this working with help from support. Needed to add a user account with same credentials as the web login. Then had to re-registered /activate HS4.
    This is what did it for me.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I can log into MyHS without any problems. The same user name and password is defined in HS. That user is the admin and is set to "use when local". The license registered in myhs is my HS4 license.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        I am having the same issue. I can log into MyHS without any problems. The same user name and password is defined in HS. That user is the admin and is set to "use when local". The license registered in myhs is my HS4 license.
        Have you put in a support ticket on this issue?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp I haven't but did just now.

Comment

And after 3 days still no response from HS.

On the positive side, they finally responded to my bug report regarding HSTouch Designer constantly crashing over night. The solution? Don't run HSTouch Designer over night. Case closed

Comment

That stinks. I would suggest to use the chat feature, I received excellent help using it!

Comment

Hmm, I thought people said the chat feature wasn't available because people are working from home. I will check tomorrow if I find some time.

Comment

Ok, so I'm having a similar problem with a new MyHS account. I've had a MyHS account for years, and am running HS4 now, with a Premium MyHS account. Until yesterday only my account as admin existed, and it still works fine, but I needed to add an account for my daughter so she could start controlling the lights in her room.

I added an account to MyHS, but when she logs in with the new credentials, "We didn't find any devices" is displayed in HomeSeer Mobile. I've played around with the Setup / Users page a bit, and tried rebooting the phone and restarting HS4, but nothing has helped.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
                  Chris

Comment

Same problem here.

I've upgraded from HS3 to HS4 on a Raspberry Pi. MyHS account is setup and working - was previously used for my HS3 install. I have added the same account name (my email address) to HS4, also added the same password. Still no luck. I have Alexa connected to allow control of my devices - this account is linked using the same credentials and that works.

I have a ticket open with support and so far they are unable to get it working. Latest suggestion was that the password might be too complex and to try changing it. I've just done this and it has made no difference, still no devices from HomeSeer Mobile.

Surely there must be some sort of troubleshooting/debugging that can be done to see where these connections are failing?

Comment

You guys need to create support tickets for this issue here:

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Comment

After numerous emails back and forth with technical support - this was the final solution...

HomeSeer Mobile - Cannot see devices - The solution

A complete step by step method to get this working -
                        1. HomeSeer support deleted my original myHomeSeer account
                        2. I opened a ‘incognito’ Chrome Browser, went to my.homeseer.com and then created a new account. Entering my HS 4 license and license password when prompted
                        3. I Opened HS4
                          1. Created a new user with a simple UN & PW e.g. ‘root’, ‘root’ and gave this user full admin rights, I then made this the local user
                          2. I then logged out from HS4 and logged back in using the simple user account
                          3. I then deleted the myHomeSeer account and re-added it with the new password
                          4. I gave this account full admin rights and made it the local user
                        4. I then went to alexa.amazon.com
                          1. Disabled the ‘HomeSeer SmartHome’ skill
                          2. Enabled the ‘HomeSeer SmartHome’ skill – this will force it to re-link
                          3. I provided the details of the account I had just created in my.homeseer.com – after around 20 seconds the devices were visible in Alexa skills once again.
                        5. I then went onto my Android phone
                          1. I un-installed the ‘HomeSeer Mobile’ APP
                          2. I then went to https://homeseer.com/homeseer-mobile/ and clicked on the ‘Google play’ icon to go to the APP, and selected Install
                          3. Once the installation had completed, I entered the details as setup on my.homeseer.com

This time the APP connected and can now see the devices.

Comment

When logging into Mobile 'direct' (as opposed to using MyHS), so most likely locally in your home network, I have found that the user specified must correspond to the 'local' user in HomeSeer. It seems only one user can be defined as local in HomeSeer.

Comment

I lost access to MYHS via my android app on Mon. 2/5. Have a ticket in. Had it setup to use port 80. ATT must have closed it. After back and forth with ATT about opening ports for 5 days, I decided to use an already open port for HS4. Still no luck. I have reloaded HS4, loaded the new version 4.2.19.5, replaced my router, rebooted everything in my universe multiple times and still no remote access on the phone app. Port on router is open, HS4 config file shows I'm on that port. I guess I'm at the mercy of tech support, already been a week of back and forth with them. Anybody any ideas on how to remotely access my hs4 computer from my phone on ATT's system?

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke View Post
                              I lost access to MYHS via my android app on Mon. 2/5. Have a ticket in. Had it setup to use port 80. ATT must have closed it. After back and forth with ATT about opening ports for 5 days, I decided to use an already open port for HS4. Still no luck. I have reloaded HS4, loaded the new version 4.2.19.5, replaced my router, rebooted everything in my universe multiple times and still no remote access on the phone app. Port on router is open, HS4 config file shows I'm on that port. I guess I'm at the mercy of tech support, already been a week of back and forth with them. Anybody any ideas on how to remotely access my hs4 computer from my phone on ATT's system?
                              What is the exact error you are receiving when you attempt to connect?

Comment

Unexpected error. Please try again. The operation was canceled.

Comment

Working...
                                X