Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from HS3 to HS4 not asking for license ID and no web interface accessible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from HS3 to HS4 not asking for license ID and no web interface accessible

I've just upgraded from HS3 to HS4 using the preferred method. When I launch HS4, it does not bring me to any page asking for my license ID which is what I was expecting based on the migration instructions. When I click the web interface page it does not access anything. When I click the startup log, everything looks as though it has started properly except that there is a line that says homeseer is not registered and is currently disabled. Could this be the problem? How do I register?

I've just seen the request to post for support at the help center, which I have now done.
    Attached Files

I would uninstall HS4 and then reinstall it. If that doesn't work write to support@homeseer.com or call them on their phone number.

Comment

Have you tried browsing to http://192.168.0.11:75/register.html ?

I presume your system was on port 75 judging by the info in your attachment. Also try port 80...
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
        Have you tried browsing to http://192.168.0.11:75/register.html ?

I presume your system was on port 75 judging by the info in your attachment. Also try port 80...
        Great suggestion. I tried that and did get to the webpage which is progress. Unfortunately on the second step I get a message that said "Registration failed: Registration was not successful. This license cannot be used for this upgrade."

When I look a my license information, it appears that the HS4 upgrade is listed as an upgrade from HS3 std to HS4 std. I have the pro version so maybe that is my new issue. Hopefully the folks at Homeseer will be able to sort that out for me.

Comment

Glad I could help in some fashion! Yes, HST will have to step in to take it from here...
          HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
          Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
          Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
          Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
          Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
          Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I'm tagging in here with the same issue that had - one difference, I have regular HS3 and have the regular HS4 license but I don't believe that's a factor with me since I never got to the spot to enter my info.

Cannot add license, cannot access web pages, cannot go to the /register/html page.

Thankful for backups but curious why this is happening - I followed weird install instructions to the letter.
            Dan-O
            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Most of these issues have been firewall issues blocking access to the new HS4 pages.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Even using the loopback IP address?

Edit: I have verified that firewall settings are allowing the HS3 & HS4 apps.
                Dan-O

Comment

I had the exact same issues (x2 tries). I ended up using the "Alterative Method", just understand that PlugIn's will need to be reinstalled once HS4 is up and running. Not really that hard...

Comment

Just for the sake of the discussion, I'm wondering why this is happening?
                    I get that it's software, but why are only certain people having issues while others are not.
                    Dan-O

Comment

See my answer here:
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...93#post1400993

Comment

I tried various port numbers already unfortunately.
                        I am also on a Windows 10 computer if it matters.
                        Dan-O

Comment

Had to go at it through the alternative method with the corrected port number and the cool thing is I get to recreate all my HS Mobile screens again - Yay!

I'm guessing that the Alexa control will tank in a bit too since I had to create a new MyHomeSeer account.
                          Dan-O

Comment

Working...
                          X