Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper Dimmers not reporting instant status

Scenario:

Have two Cooper Aspire dimmers (which support Zwave Instant Status) setup to associated with each other, so that either dimmer can control the two loads connected to each dimmer, without needing a controller/hub.
    Dimmer A is associated to Dimmer B, Dimmer A is associated to HomerSeer.
    Dimmer B is associated to Dimmer A, Dimmer B is associated to HomeSeer.

History:

I've had these dimmers for several years and they have worked perfectly. Under my old Vera3 controller if either local dimmer changed the other dimmer, then the other dimmer's status would be updated in Vera. Hence if either dimmer changed the status of the other dimmer, both would show on or off in Vera.

Under HS4 (with a SmartStick+) the local associations still work perfectly and keep in sync, the problem is that if I say turn off Dimmer B (which then physically turns off Dimmer A), Dimmer A still shows on in HS4.

Question:

Why isn't the Instant Status of the Cooper dimmers working with HS4?

I would file a bug at https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      While I will eventually go that route, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one using Cooper devices with HS. Was hoping there was an obvious answer of something I'm doing wrong that others have successfully figured out.

Comment

I have several non-Plus Cooper dimmers; and as stand-alone devices, I've just confirmed, they all report their state changes correctly.
        I've installed the dimmers long time ago and my recollections are very vague but I think I ended up with no direct Master-Slave linking (I am doing it programmatically) because of the same problem.

Comment

I solved the problem, from something I researched back in my Vera days several years ago. Instant status now works, even when the device change is initiated in a master / slave association.

Comment

Working...
          X