Zipato Mini RFID Keypad added to HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipato Mini RFID Keypad added to HS4

Is there any plans to add the Zipato Mini RFID Keypad to HS4 ? I can install it into HS4 but in regards to functionality theres non for Home” and “Away” buttons allow the arming and disarming of security system or running any automation scenario.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81YQoga4HFL._AC_SY355_.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1402422

Originally posted by orlando View Post
    Is there any plans to add the Zipato Mini RFID Keypad to HS4 ? I can install it into HS4 but in regards to functionality theres non for Home” and “Away” buttons allow the arming and disarming of security system or running any automation scenario.

Click image for larger version  Name:	81YQoga4HFL._AC_SY355_.jpg Views:	8 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	1402422
    You can add it using the Jeedom to HomeSeer plugin. Install it in Jeedom and have it HomeSeer and also those hard to get plugins you always wanted.

https://doc.jeedom.com/en_US/zwave/z...-_Clavier_Rfid

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thank you for the reply this seem like a very long and somewhat costly way to just add Zipato Mini RFID Keypad. If I am getting right what your saying is i have to set up a other Zwave server IE Jeedom which will cost around £100 to 130 pounds using PI4 then buy the plugin $18.95 why is this not native in Homeseer ? I just paid to upgrade to HS4 and not looking to spend more money to get the Zipato Mini RFID working with it when it should native ( Vera , Fibaro, Hubitat, SmartThings ) all work with the Zipato Mini RFID Keypad why not HomeSeer ?

Comment

Thank you for the reply this seem like a very long and somewhat costly way to just add Zipato Mini RFID Keypad. If I am getting right what your saying is i have to set up a other Zwave server IE Jeedom which will cost around £100 to 130 pounds using PI4 then buy the plugin $18.95 why is this not native in Homeseer ? I just paid to upgrade to HS4 and not looking to spend more money to get the Zipato Mini RFID working with it when it should native ( Vera , Fibaro, Hubitat, SmartThings ) all work with the Zipato Mini RFID Keypad why not HomeSeer ?
        Second option is to put in a plug-in request and wait for someone to take it on.
        And on the other hand Jeedom can run on a device you have laying around just like HomeSeer.
        In fact I could run both on the same server and it uses nginx for web services and does not require Mono.
        And you can switch off the usb (zwave) and use the one in HomeSeer.

Also : (Docker) Am also on an experiment to run HomeSeer from Docker. If all goes well I will have ioBroker, Jeedom, HomeSeer, MQTT and Node-RED all in one Synology NAS. I just have to ramp up the RAM

Eman

Comment

My Homeseer is on windows so not sure if i can run Jeedom on windows but point taken did not know Jeedom can use HomeSeer Z Wave mesh which is good i will look into it thanks for the info and good luck with Synology NAS setup sounds good

Comment

Second option is to put in a plug-in request and wait for someone to take it on.
            And on the other hand Jeedom can run on a device you have laying around just like HomeSeer.
            In fact I could run both on the same server and it uses nigix for web services and does not require Mono.
            And you can switch off the usb (zwave) and use the one in HomeSeer.

Also : (Docker) Am also on an experiment to run HomeSeer from Docker. If all goes well I will have ioBroker, Jeedom, HomeSeer, MQTT and Node-RED all in one Synology NAS. I just have to ramp up the RAM
            Forgot to ask if you can Use HomeSeer Z wave To add switches Ect to Jeedom are would I need to have a Z Wave usb attached to the Jeedom server

Comment

Forgot to ask if you can Use HomeSeer Z wave To add switches Ect to Jeedom are would I need to have a Z Wave usb attached to the Jeedom server
              The plugin works the other way around. You install the hard to get plugins in Jeedom then control them in HomeSeer. But if you and the MQTT plugin for Jeedom then you could have HomeSeer devices triggered from Jeedom.
              If they are separate systems then they can both have their own Z-wave dongle. But if installed on one system then only one can access the the dongle.

Eman

Comment

So why is this device not supported yet? I thought that HS handled everything with Z-wave?

Comment

Feelings the same here
                  .So why is this device not supported yet? I thought that HS handled everything with Z-wave?

Comment

I do not know if now supported or not, but there is a healthy Hubitat Elevation community. Hubitat is a Zwave hub and HS3 and HS4 Hubitat plugins exist for HS.

Comment

But why should I buy another hub just to control a z-wave device which should be nativly supported in HS4? I moved from Vera Plus to HS4 because this platform felt better. Vera had full support for this device long time ago. I never thought that HS didn't have support for this. Another strange thing in HS is that it dont allow notification commands to be sent through scripts. I have a multi sound siren which I cannot fully utilize.

Comment

Zwave Frequency

I always check where a user is located before I post.
                        Now here goes :

As you well know there is not enough HomeSeer Zwave Brands for EU, you can have a RaZberry Server(Zwave.ME adding the the mqtt Module : https://github.com/Edubits/Zway-MQTT ) to support those devices that HomeSeer doesn't support well like the ones from Chaina. The good thing is in this case the MQTT is two way. Example, motion triggered in the Zwave.Me Server triggers events in HomeSeer and you can send PUB topics from HomeSeer to Zwave.ME Server.

What you will need to create an extra Zwave interface to support those extra devices : https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=razberr...nb_sb_ss_i_6_9

Tip : You can just have the Zwave Hat and add it to the MQTT or Node-RED Server (Raspberry PI) you already have.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by srki View Post
                          [SIZE=14px] I have a multi sound siren which I cannot fully utilize.
                          Not sure which siren you have but take a look here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...e-siren-script
                          Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X