Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event didn't run during power recovery, do I have this setup correct in HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event didn't run during power recovery, do I have this setup correct in HS4?

Our exterior lights have an event set to turn them off at 1:45 AM. I woke up this morning and our exterior lights were still on so I did a little digging. Do I have this event setup incorrectly for recovery? I know I've had some confusion in the past if a system/admin initiated shutdown of the system was considered a "Power failure" when HS starts up the next times. For example does HS have the concept of a dirty/clean shutdown and look for a dirty bit at launch to make a choice over whether or not to run power failure recovery?
    • Last night Windows initiated a restart at 1:44:02 AM due to Windows Update.
    • HS4's log shows it started loading again at 1:47:23 AM. Great timing on this update Windows.... well done. 🏆
    • HS4's log shows it was done loading everything and stable at 1:48:50 AM
    • HS4's log shows no attempt to run the event which was supposed to run at 1:45 AM
    • The event has "Include in Powerfailure Recovery" enabled yet the event itself doesn't show the little airplane icon which normally means advanced features are enabled.
    • The 'Enable Advanced Features' block has the square filled in rather than empty or a checkbox.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	powerrecovery2.PNG
Views:	301
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1402658

Name:	powerrecovery.PNG
Views:	428
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1402657

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    [*]The 'Enable Advanced Features' block has the square filled in rather than empty or a checkbox.
    I have a similar problem - can't seem to enable advanced features - the box is greyed out. Did you find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post

I have a similar problem - can't seem to enable advanced features - the box is greyed out. Did you find a solution?

Enable Advanced Features

+1, also wondering about that.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
        Our exterior lights have an event set to turn them off at 1:45 AM. I woke up this morning and our exterior lights were still on so I did a little digging. Do I have this event setup incorrectly for recovery? I know I've had some confusion in the past if a system/admin initiated shutdown of the system was considered a "Power failure" when HS starts up the next times. For example does HS have the concept of a dirty/clean shutdown and look for a dirty bit at launch to make a choice over whether or not to run power failure recovery?
        • Last night Windows initiated a restart at 1:44:02 AM due to Windows Update.
        • HS4's log shows it started loading again at 1:47:23 AM. Great timing on this update Windows.... well done. 🏆
        • HS4's log shows it was done loading everything and stable at 1:48:50 AM
        • HS4's log shows no attempt to run the event which was supposed to run at 1:45 AM
        • The event has "Include in Powerfailure Recovery" enabled yet the event itself doesn't show the little airplane icon which normally means advanced features are enabled.
        • The 'Enable Advanced Features' block has the square filled in rather than empty or a checkbox.

Name:	powerrecovery2.PNG
Views:	301
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1402658

Name:	powerrecovery.PNG
Views:	428
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1402657
        Probably because you’re using an EasyTrigger Trigger. Powerfailure recovery only runs on fixed time Events. It does not work on dynamic times like sunrise or sunset. Probably won’t work with an Easy Trigger schedule.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Haven't looked at this for a while, so I'm not sure exactly what the cure was. I updated to 4.2.0.0 last night, and now that I try it, the "Enable Advanced Features" box allows me to select it with no trouble.

Running on a minipc with Windows 10 Pro.
          Last edited by Andrew_C; September 8, 2021, 01:38 PM. Reason: (edited to fix typo)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post
            Haven't looked at this for a while, so I'm not sure exactly what the cure was. I updated to 4.2.0.0 last night, and now that I try it, the "Enable Advanced Features" box allows me to select it with no trouble.

Running on a minipc with Windows 10 Pro.
            Thanks, also on Windows 10 Pro and 4.2.0.0.

Comment

Working...
            X