HS4 SEL registration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 SEL registration issue

I am trying to upgrade to HS4 on my SEL. Everything seemed to go fine till I got to the registration page. On step 1 I input my HS3 ID and Password but get the error message “Registration Failed: unknown registration error, contact support: Error: NameResolutionFailure”. Double checked registration info via HS licensing and all is accurate.
    Now I can’t get past this and can’t go back.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Tom

on step 1 you enter the HS4 upgrade license and on step 2 you enter your HS3 license.

Comment

I have the same issue. I purchased HomeTroller-SEL with HS3 which included an upgrade to HS4. Do I need to request a HS4 license offline from HomeSeer.

Comment

I just tried that again with same response. Could it have something to do with the MYHS cloud issue? Been trying various combinations since yesterday afternoon with same result

Thanks!
        Tom

Comment

Sorry, meant to say that I have tried my HS3 codes in step 1 and my HS4 upgrade codes in step 1. All with same response.

Comment

Same issue here also...Upgrade HS4 lic. entered in step 1, HS3 lic. entered in step 2. Tried it switched around but putting HS3 in step one immediately fails. Does anyone have ideas here? No response from tech support and want to get the new version going.

Comment

Can someone point out how to get the HS4 upgrade license code. I purchased a Hometroller with HS3-PRO that included a free upgrade to HS4-PRO. thanks

Comment

Vrajkuma,

you can get the license info from the HS website. There is a place to request they email you all of your licenses. That’s how I double checked mine. Unfortunately the HS4 registration page will Not take either my HS3 or HS4 license info In step 1 so I can upgrade.

this is incredibly frustrating!!!

Good luck with your upgrade. Hope you do better than I have.

Comment

So I have started my HS SEL via putty and it is running. In the log it shows Version HS 4.1.1 is running. But then it shows that this copy is not registered and so is disabled.
                  When I try to access via IP port in browser it takes me to the registration page. But it will NOT accept my license/ password as sent to me by HS email.
                  It runs through all of the devices and sees all of the plugins and starts them, but then apparently disables them because my HS4 is not registered.
                  Is there any way to get this registered BESIDES the registration webpage??? Is there a putty command that will allow me to directly input the registration info?

My wife is NOT happy because nothing is working as it should. And I am getting very frustrated that the registration process seems to be broken.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tom

Comment

You guys need to put in support ticket at support@homeseer.com for any licensing issues. The guys are backed up but they will eventually get to your ticket.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just to close the loop on my issue - For the free upgrade (from HS3->HS4), you do have to request the HS4 license offline via support@homeseer. They responded back pretty quick with the details and I was able to proceed. The web site to email the licenses automatically doesn't send the HS4 info for free upgrades. Looks like free upgrades is a manual process on both sides...

Comment

Working...
                      X