This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we pay to loose features?

Is it just me? I paid money to "upgrade" to HS4Pro, but apart from the GUI has changed not much else has.

If anything ive lost features which is annoying me.

1) I can no longer Duplicate an event, so for similar events I have to create them all as new.

2) I can no longer filter events in anyway. I need to be able to see all events relating to a particular device.

3) I had rules where the first line was "device has been for at least", this is no longer supported as the first if statement.

I was hoping to get more features (maybe "device has been for less than")

Am i missing something? I paid good money to upgrade and waited a long time for it to be released?

I hope your complaints are being addressed in the list of "things to fix in the next version." Otherwise, I'm not going to be a happy camper, either. I was an "early adopter" of HS3 and that experience taught me what an essential virtue patience was.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen in the interface change, but we'll see.

There are some major additions that I look forward to, but alas, from reading posts made in this forum, they appear not to be "ready" yet, either.

I'm trying to stay positive.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
      Is it just me? I paid money to "upgrade" to HS4Pro, but apart from the GUI has changed not much else has.

1) I can no longer Duplicate an event, so for similar events I have to create them all as new.

2) I can no longer filter events in anyway. I need to be able to see all events relating to a particular device.

3) I had rules where the first line was "device has been for at least", this is no longer supported as the first if statement.

Am i missing something? I paid good money to upgrade and waited a long time for it to be released?
      While i'm not trying to sell you on HS4... a couple of things.

Remember you can access the old UI if you need it. I've found this useful (especially when working with events) as i get used to the new UI.

on #1, there is a copy button for your event, so this feature is still there.
      #2 ... search is now universal. type the device you want in the search button, and all device names and events that match will show up.
      #3 ... see if that still works pulling old UI (/events in browser).

Comment

In my experience, it takes a while for a new version of HS to become fully developed. I plan to wait a while longer before switching from HS3.

The primary driver for HS4 seemed to be a UI that was accessible from hand-held devices. "Under the covers" I expect there have been some fundamental improvements and I would also expect that over time HS4 will add functionality that will be unique and unavailable in HS3 (with emphasis on over time).

1) I believe it is possible to duplicate an event using the copy icon to the right of the event in the event list.
        2) This may be available, but I don't use HS4 yet.
        3) The capability is not lost, but the operation of the event has been made more explicit. (This "trigger", which is actually a condition, was causing serious problems for some users.) To implement the function, you can use a recurring trigger and the And If condition. (A recurring trigger of approximately every second, was hidden in the HS3 trigger. HS4 gives you control over how frequently you want the condition to be checked.)
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I think I must of been blind on the copy feature! Right under my nose!

Comment

I find the search feature finds devices and events etc containing the work you search for in its title

But I miss that I canโ€™t just find all events based on a particular device. If I want to remove a device I need a quick way to see all events using it.

(HS3 was always annoying that you couldnโ€™t filter on events using a particular timer or counter)

How do you get the old ui please?

Comment

I just tried search again... works for me without device name in title. For example, i have a device/light in my office called "aiport". It's part of two events (lights on and off). When i search on the word "airport", this is what i see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-18 094544.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1403743

As for the old UI,... you can add /events to the end of your HS IP address in the browser (also works with /devices) to see the old UI.

http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/events

Comment

I have to agree that HS4 is a bit underwhelming for my needs. A big emphasize was put on making the GUI better for small devices. That's for people who want to do everything via their mobile device and are happy with relatively simple home automation. That's really where the big market is. For that reason I am not complaining too much because I want HS to survive. Having said that, I see HS more like on the level of Control4 and similar high level automation and in that regard HS4 didn't deliver much (also no HS4Touch....!!!!). I hope they don't neglect that market but the signs aren't good. In any case, check the website below. Around the middle they tell you what is available now in HS4 and what they are still planning to introduce.

https://homeseer.com/hs4-smart-home-...tion-software/

Comment

When I first moved to HS I used that trigger quite extensively, but quickly realised it actually puts a lot of strain on the system. If you had "at least 5 seconds" for example then every single moment thereafter (5.15375 seconds, 5.251436 seconds, 5.27315 seconds, etc) is making HomeSeer re-evaluate your event.

If you rework your events to be more specific, say "exactly 5 seconds" or perhaps using EasyTrigger which can do timings for you, it'll take immense load off your system ๐Ÿ‘

I'm presuming they therefore took this trigger away intentionally?

Comment

I have to admit I found HS4 disappointing. I finally got HS4 up and running and really hate the new GUI. At least for me it's very slow and cumbersome. I know it takes time to get used to new things, but it just feels like it went ten steps backwards. Fortunately, I backed everything up before the upgrade, so after letting it run for a week, I restored HS3 and am happily running again. Guess I'll wait for a while before trying again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

When I first moved to HS I used that trigger quite extensively, but quickly realised it actually puts a lot of strain on the system. If you had "at least 5 seconds" for example then every single moment thereafter (5.15375 seconds, 5.251436 seconds, 5.27315 seconds, etc) is making HomeSeer re-evaluate your event.

If you rework your events to be more specific, say "exactly 5 seconds" or perhaps using EasyTrigger which can do timings for you, it'll take immense load off your system ๐Ÿ‘

Whatโ€™s easy trigger?

Comment

I used that 'trigger' for a remote zwave plug that sometimes had connection issues. If I used the "exactly" trigger, it would fire once. If that command failed, the device would be left on for the whole night. With the At least, it would auto retry (I had not retrigger set to 15 seconds).

Comment

Whatโ€™s easy trigger?
                          EasyTrigger is a plugin that helps you build HS events: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...re-plug-in-hs3

Comment

Yes that trigger has been removed in HS4 because, most users didn't realize that it would re-trigger indefinitely when using it.
                            You can achieve the same behavior in HS4 by using a recurring trigger and a "device has been for at least condition"

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Yes that trigger has been removed in HS4 because, most users didn't realize that it would re-trigger indefinitely when using it.
                              You can achieve the same behavior in HS4 by using a recurring trigger and a "device has been for at least condition"

I use this trigger to shut down source components when all of the amplifiers in my multi-room system have been turned off. It did run repeatedly once triggered until I added an "and if" statement regarding the status of the sources. No problem here as far as I can see, this is just basic PLC programming.

Comment

Working...
                              X