This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post

I am on HS3 and I do see CPU spikes constantly that could be the result of this. What's a more efficient way of testing for this condition that works in HS3 and carries over to HS4?

One of my uses cases is checking if any of 7 windows in the Master Bedroom and Bathroom are open for more than a few minutes and then turning the HVAC zone for that room off. When they all have been closed for 5 minutes, then I want to turn the HVAC back on.

I actually do have the easytrigger plugin, but when I try and use a device group, it doesn't give me the option of making a decision based on the alarm zone values (normal, violated, trouble, etc...), just a numeric value...

thx!
    Mike
    Find out what the numeric value should be. Go into the device and status and graphics and find out the number you need to look for.

Comment

Wow really, If someone does not like HS4 then move on. Know one is forcing you to use HomeSeer. Don't be childish and bash HST in other forums. There are things I don't care for with HS4 but I don't see the need to insult HST about it in any open Forum.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

Find out what the numeric value should be. Go into the device and status and graphics and find out the number you need to look for.
        This is kind of a pain if I have a lot of different devices, and it makes it unclear in the event what is going on (I'm getting older and can't remember context reliably for these sorts of things after I haven't looked at them in awhile!).

Is there a way to do this in HS3 without using easy trigger?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post an update as I had two previous negative posts about HS4 and I'm not someone who posts just to be negative. I have now successfully completed the conversion of my HS3 setup to HS4 and everything is running perfectly and reliably. One issue I had was that I had thought that individual keypad buttons on an insteon keypad were missing in the event editor but that is not correct, they are simply in a sub menu. So, many of my issues were simply not yet being familiar with some of the minor changes like some commands being in a features section of the device.

I still don't like how the event editor refreshes the entire screen after a single entry change and one feature of HS3 that I like was that if you were controlling more than one device in a list, you could simply use the drop down menu to change the device, now in HS4, it seems you have to delete the device and create a new entry. There are also some other cosmetic quirks, like some drop down menus have the arrow in the wrong direction.

So, in summary, I now think that HS4 has at least equal functionality to HS3, with some minor GUI quirks in the event editor. It does look better on small screens.

So, as someone else posted, for the low upgrade price to us early adopters, I think it will only improve. I think many of us are probable long time users and I suspect that currently most sales of HS4 are to current HS3 users, so as a group we should make use of their support database and provide lots of feedback to mold the program the way we like it.

I think our feedback now is more vital than ever because I fear that a major driving force for the creation of a new version of HS is that we are living in a time where software like this is not popular or easy to sell. I think other than a hobby community like this, people want a quick and easy setup. The danger of that is that most home automation hubs seem to have very little features (often no more than simple timers). I don't want to lose the incredible programming power of HomeSeer with it's vast array of event triggers, so I think we should provide feedback and find a way to allow HS4 to become the easy to use, attractive tool that new purchasers might want and yet still maintain the incredible power and complexity of it's event engine. (HomeSeer themselves describe how they took away the trigger "has been for at least", because it confused customers).

Comment

Originally posted by melkin View Post
            Hi everyone,

I thought I would post an update as I had two previous negative posts about HS4 and I'm not someone who posts just to be negative. I have now successfully completed the conversion of my HS3 setup to HS4 and everything is running perfectly and reliably. One issue I had was that I had thought that individual keypad buttons on an insteon keypad were missing in the event editor but that is not correct, they are simply in a sub menu. So, many of my issues were simply not yet being familiar with some of the minor changes like some commands being in a features section of the device.

I still don't like how the event editor refreshes the entire screen after a single entry change and one feature of HS3 that I like was that if you were controlling more than one device in a list, you could simply use the drop down menu to change the device, now in HS4, it seems you have to delete the device and create a new entry. There are also some other cosmetic quirks, like some drop down menus have the arrow in the wrong direction.

So, in summary, I now think that HS4 has at least equal functionality to HS3, with some minor GUI quirks in the event editor. It does look better on small screens.

So, as someone else posted, for the low upgrade price to us early adopters, I think it will only improve. I think many of us are probable long time users and I suspect that currently most sales of HS4 are to current HS3 users, so as a group we should make use of their support database and provide lots of feedback to mold the program the way we like it.

I think our feedback now is more vital than ever because I fear that a major driving force for the creation of a new version of HS is that we are living in a time where software like this is not popular or easy to sell. I think other than a hobby community like this, people want a quick and easy setup. The danger of that is that most home automation hubs seem to have very little features (often no more than simple timers). I don't want to lose the incredible programming power of HomeSeer with it's vast array of event triggers, so I think we should provide feedback and find a way to allow HS4 to become the easy to use, attractive tool that new purchasers might want and yet still maintain the incredible power and complexity of it's event engine. (HomeSeer themselves describe how they took away the trigger "has been for at least", because it confused customers).
            That’s exactly the support that Rich and his team need. Yes there are some aspects of HS4 that need addressing and yes many users will experience similar issues that no doubt they will have opened a support ticket to have addressed.

What HS4 don’t need is a select group of individuals injecting negativity into this project by jumping on every reported issue on a public forum and multiplying it by ten to whip up support for their own agenda.

Hopefully the self confessed HS4 refugees will settle elsewhere and let the genuine HS users get on with the matter in hand, the continued success of HS and in particular the HS4 project.

Comment

Working...
            X