GetLog Error: disk I/O error disk I/O error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm getting this for the last few days every once in a while.

Is this a HS issue or does anyone think it may be more of a HW issue that HS is picking up on?

I don't see anything in my Windows logs, good old CHKDSK is good and I used a SMART utility to check for bad sector re-writes, etc. All good.

Any clues as to what this means?

What hardware are you running HS on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Copying the forum section at http://[HSIP]/help.html will probably be helpful for Rupp I wonder if the log file is corrupted but you said it only happens once in a while so probably that's not it.

Comment

I think the clue is in the error, disk I/o error. Early warning of impending hard disk failure assuming that’s what you are using to store/run HS in. I suggest a complete backup and a replacement hard drive or you could wait and see what happens. Personally I wouldn’t wait.

Comment

It is an Asus all-in-one i5, 8 Gb with a Crucial SSD I put in. This PC is dedicated to just HS.... I hear you all on the failing drive, but CHKDSK did not show anything. I've used a tool called CrystalDiskInfo that reads the SMART data on drives and has worked really well over the years. It does not show any pending failure like reallocated blocks or an thing like that. Generally you will see that type of stuff when a drive starts to fail.

That said, it stared on 7/16 with 7 entries, 7/18 with 6 entries and there are 6 entries of it today, 7/19. So, yes, it could be the drive I guess. Wondering if there is another insight to the API call or anything like that that HS is reporting this from though... Thanks for any other ideas!

Will make sure I have a backup of the HS directory....

Comment

This error message is appearing in the log transcript, correct?

Absent any other indicators of a failing disk (Windows Event Log, chkdsk, your SMART data monitor), I'd wonder if this might be a corruption of the log database. You could try renaming the database and allowing it to reinitialize. With HS shutdown, find the file HomeSeerLog.hsd in the Logs subfolder off the HS root, and rename it to something else. Upon restart, a new one is created.

If you want to save the current log entries, you can copy them to a text file before starting.

Comment

Follow the procedures here to eliminate the possible cause of those errors. I’ve seen bad connections on SSD throw errors like that.

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/ha...-io-error.html

Comment

Working...
              X