After HS4 Upgrade cant link to Google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After HS4 Upgrade cant link to Google Home

I upgraded from HS3 pro to HS4 Pro and most things are working now. But my Google Home setup lost connection to homeseer, I couldnt re sync, So i removed it and now i cannot add it back in. I just get "Cloudn't update settings, check your connection. I tried disabling voice for every thing, no change, tried with one device enabled. No change.

Any ideas?

Did you Change Primary System to your HS4 license at myhs.homeseer.com?
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Nope, That did it. Thank you.

The last Voice issue im having is that google doesnt seem to see any devices other than the ones i had before. For instance i had button 1-4 of a cooper scene control on voice. I want to add button 5, enabled voice, set the voice string, asked google to sync. But it wont add it, same for any other device. Any ideas?

Comment

With Alexa, one bad voice enabled device can kill the whole sync process. What I've had to do is disable all voice enabled devices, remove them from Alexa and then re-enable them one-by-one or in batches. If you start from zero enabled & sync'd and enable just one and have a problem then it's likely an issue between Google and myHS.

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

With Alexa, if it does not like the name/voice string, the sync process dies. Maybe try disabling your new one, disable another one & remove it from Google, re-enable it & re-sync. If it adds then the sync process is ok and it's an issue with the voice string for the new device...

Comment

There must be an issue in Homeseer. I started with 4 out of the 5 buttons of a Cooper 5 Button Screen Controller Voice enabled, all working fine. Tried to add the 5th button.
            • Wouldn’t Show Up
            • Disabled All Voice and did a sync which removed the connections
            • Turned on just the 5th button for voice
            • Went through trying to connect HS to Google, said it completed, no item showed up
            • Enabled button 4 and swapped the voice strings, and connected to Google Home again
            • Only button 4 showed up
            I cannot get any other item to show up in Google home other than the ones I already had setup before the upgraded to HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by CamCorp View Post
              There must be an issue in Homeseer. I started with 4 out of the 5 buttons of a Cooper 5 Button Screen Controller Voice enabled, all working fine. Tried to add the 5th button.
              • Wouldn’t Show Up
              • Disabled All Voice and did a sync which removed the connections
              • Turned on just the 5th button for voice
              • Went through trying to connect HS to Google, said it completed, no item showed up
              • Enabled button 4 and swapped the voice strings, and connected to Google Home again
              • Only button 4 showed up
              I cannot get any other item to show up in Google home other than the ones I already had setup before the upgraded to HS4.
              I am having this exact problem with Amazon Alexa!

Comment

I have submitted a support ticket to HS, hopefully its something simple or I am just missing something.

Comment

I have similar problem. Fresh install of HS4 on raspberry pi 3. I can link myHS but nothing shows up on Google Home. Even with IFTTT, every time I make a change or add device in HS4, I need to remove the link from IFTTT and then re-link in order to show the new devices. Also HS4 send Floor:Roomevice Type to IFTTT making it almost impossible to know which device to control. It doesnt look like the GH and IFTTT integration is ready for HS4...

Comment

Working...
                  X