Changing Main Graphic in Grid View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Main Graphic in Grid View

Didn't know how to say it but I am wondering how you change the larger attribute in grid view from say Temp to the contact sensor icon so you can see what state it is in easier. TIA

I think at the moment the answer is you cant. It is chosen by HS4. I believe this is a feature to be worked on.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I agree, I am not seeing a way in the device pages anywhere to do this. Maybe rjh or someone on staff can shed some light on this.

Comment

Interestingly, in HS Mobile you can choose which feature is front and center. For the life of me I don't understand how that didn't make it into HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Interestingly, in HS Mobile you can choose which feature is front and center. For the life of me I don't understand how that didn't make it into HS4.
          Now I am intrigued. I looked all over the phone app and I still can't find a way to change them. Could you elaborate a little on how you did this?

Comment

Next update to HS4 should include the option to set primary devices. You can have more than one.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Next update to HS4 should include the option to set primary devices. You can have more than one.
              Great! Thanks. Will this only be available if the device has been included directly into HS4 or can any device be changed even if the devices are brought in through the, for example, the Hubitat PI?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Now I am intrigued. I looked all over the phone app and I still can't find a way to change them. Could you elaborate a little on how you did this?
                There are actually two ways as far as I can tell.
                After creating a widget click on the ... and another menu will come up. Go down to the device that you want as the main and click on the "+" at the right top of the complete screen.

The other way is to long press and make that feature the main device.

I like using HS Mobile but I HATE having to take screenshots and explain all this from a tiny screen. Let me know where you get stumped and I'll upload necessary screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

There are actually two ways as far as I can tell.
                  After creating a widget click on the ... and another menu will come up. Go down to the device that you want as the main and click on the "+" at the right top of the complete screen.

The other way is to long press and make that feature the main device.

I like using HS Mobile but I HATE having to take screenshots and explain all this from a tiny screen. Let me know where you get stumped and I'll upload necessary screenshots.
                  Ok, I got all that to work. Thanks for the help. Now we shall wait for the staff to add it in.

Comment

It will work on any device. Devices are made up of a main device that holds the device name (HS3 Root device), and a bunch of features (child devices). Right now the grid view automatically picks the best feature device (one with controls, motion device, some other logic), but this obviously is not ideal. The next build will let you pick the feature (up to 2) that you want to display on the grid view. Developers can also specify the primary when they build the device so the preferred one will already be picked. You will always be able to set your own choices though.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Great! Thanks. Will this only be available if the device has been included directly into HS4 or can any device be changed even if the devices are brought in through the, for example, the Hubitat PI?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      The next build will let you pick the feature (up to 2) that you want to display on the grid view. Developers can also specify the primary when they build the device so the preferred one will already be picked. You will always be able to set your own choices though.

I was trying to change the primary feature of a door/window sensor and can't seem to find the option anywhere. How would I go about doing so? Thanks!

Comment

+1 I don't see how to do this either.

Comment

Originally posted by ARuser View Post

I was trying to change the primary feature of a door/window sensor and can't seem to find the option anywhere. How would I go about doing so? Thanks!
                          rjh said "The next build" so it's not available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

rjh said "The next build" so it's not available yet.
                            There has been release 4.1.3.0 to 4.1.8.0 since July 23, 2020 when RJH made that statement.

Comment

Version 4.2 will have controls that will allow you to set the "primary" device for grid view and you can display up to 2 controllable features may be added. We will be posting this as a beta once something is working so you won't have to wait for a release.

For now, there are a couple of tricks. If a feature has a control use set to ON/OFF/COLOR CONTROL it will be displayed as the primary. So if you set this on your feature you can force it to display as a primary. This setting is only used for voice control so if you are not using voice control on the device you can change this setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X