No announcement yet.

All Events Disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sweat super glad you got them back - now run a backup (and then download it because it stores it within HS4 itself)! Also turn on automatic backups - albeit this is another setting that does not "stick" so after any reboot you'll need to remember to turn it back on again.

Stability and resilience are G14 classified grumbles though so shhhhh

Comment

Tillsy Ah, you are right. Even v4.1.2.0 doesn't store the status of "Auto Backup". It stores the days but not the auto backup.

Comment

With some very basic TDD approaches, these issues wouldn't have made it to the field. It's really a missed opportunity.
        Imagine you upgraded the system of a customer, because the version was marked fit for release ....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

after i updated to 4.1.2.0 i have all devices disapear and i cannot acces anymore the system. i have acces only on the events.
          also i opened a ticket in Jira system yesterday and still waiting on someone to open it.
          thank you for your help
          Attached Files

Comment

Seems like you filtered the list (0 of xx devices). Can you clear the filtering?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

no, i cannot clear the filters. no option available
              i believe that my sue is linked with the user, system is not letting me to log in. any user i chnaged the system is taking only 1 by default
              any help will be appreciated.
              Than you,

Comment

I put in a support ticket three days ago....Crickets. Not happy with HS4! If I new it was going to be like this I wouldn’t have upgraded. I have reinstalled like a first time user, using no backup, set up everything just like new. Same issues. I can’t believe support will not even respond! Very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie View Post
                  I put in a support ticket three days ago....Crickets. Not happy with HS4! If I new it was going to be like this I wouldn’t have upgraded. I have reinstalled like a first time user, using no backup, set up everything just like new. Same issues. I can’t believe support will not even respond! Very disappointed.
                  I’m having a good experience myself.

What isn’t working for you?

Comment

All these errors!

Details

3 days ago 5:43 AMDescription and Steps to ReproduceStarting up....

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to read event groups from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load events from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load counters from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load timers from normal or backup file!Startup Complete, 4 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie View Post
                      All these errors!

Details

3 days ago 5:43 AMDescription and Steps to ReproduceStarting up....

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to read event groups from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load events from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load counters from normal or backup file!

7/28/2020 5:09:05 AM HomeSeer~Unable to render embedded object: File (~Error~) not found.~Unable to load timers from normal or backup file!Startup Complete, 4 errors detected, check the log for more information.
                      Are these by any chance false positives?

Comment

This problem is still happening. I am running ver. 4.1.9.0 and yesterday restarted the system. After the restart, all automation stopped working. This morning I found out the events were all gone. I restored from a an events backup from HS3, since I had recently upgraded.

Comment

Several problems upgrading to latest HS4 "the preferred way" few days ago.
                          Most solved I believed - until all events went missing today(!) Just the floors/group names was left.
                          I have rebooted the host few times, so that might be the case. But HS3 was rock solid.

Renamed the json.bak file to active file.
                          Then "Events" are back.

Might roll back to HS3...I do not want to spend time on these problems.

Comment

This just happened to me - all my events disappeared on a 2 week old HS4 install, version 4.2.6.0. I located events.json in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json. The file size was 0. I copied over events.json.bak, which had a file size of 10200, to events.json. Still, nothing showed. I then rebooted and all the events thankfully showed. This is disturbing since I have HS4 running at a remote site.

Comment

Is there any fix to this? I'm on 4.2.7.0 and it happened to me again today.

Comment

Happened to me earlier this week, apparently result of a dirty shutdown during a power outage. UPS batteries had gone bad and I didn't realize it. Restored from recent backup. 4.2.7.0.
                                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X