Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to: compare devices to device in events

Hi

At the base I have an event that physically start my AC if the temperature in a guiest house gets over 27 and stops it when it gets under 23. for differents reason I don't just want to let the unit remote thermostat handle it.

I am actually running a simple event where if the temperature from a wemo probe I have gets over 27 it turn on the power to AC and if the temperature gets under 23, it turn it off.

Now sometines in the year I would like to be able, easily without touching the event, to change the high and low values. I tought I could have 2 virtual devices where I would change the vale/status to whatever value I want and I would trigger my events against those device but I can't find a way to trigger an event If a value of device A become higher than device B

would anyone have a hint for me
    thanks

Have a look at the Easy Trigger plugin.

Comment

Goldriver

I have desired this exact functionality for years. I've been hoping that perhaps HS4 would allow for such things...but I won't even ask until the dust settles from the official release. I've gotten around this limitation in the past by virtualizing my thermostat setpoints, and current indoor & outdoor temperatures and then creating overly complicated events to compare the virtual device values.

Having just pulled the trigger on an HS4 upgrade, I'm not all that keen on attempting to install and play with a 3.x plugin that will either be replaced soon or just sunsetted but I am very curious to hear if you've tried doing this using Easy Trigger and how well it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by IKUS View Post
        Goldriver

I have desired this exact functionality for years. I've been hoping that perhaps HS4 would allow for such things...but I won't even ask until the dust settles from the official release. I've gotten around this limitation in the past by virtualizing my thermostat setpoints, and current indoor & outdoor temperatures and then creating overly complicated events to compare the virtual device values.

Having just pulled the trigger on an HS4 upgrade, I'm not all that keen on attempting to install and play with a 3.x plugin that will either be replaced soon or just sunsetted but I am very curious to hear if you've tried doing this using Easy Trigger and how well it worked.
        IKUS goldriver
        If you read any of the posts in the EasyTrigger forum you will see how many people believe that the EasyTrigger plugin is a must have. There are so many triggers and conditions that are a necessity in Homeseer. If you are waiting for HS to get around to adding everything that is in EasyTrigger, you will be waiting a really long time.

I personally do not think that HS4 is an "Upgrade" yet so I haven't moved my system over. If you could list one feature that is in HS4 that isn't in HS3 I would be surprised. It would be easier to list the features that are in HS3 that didn't get moved over to HS4. At this point it is still in beta with enough bugs that I don't want to have to constantly chase down why something didn't work.

I digress....EasyTrigger works great! I would have to say that there are very few of my events that don't have at least one EasyTrigger trigger or condition built into them, it is that helpful. You can always use the trial version for 30 days to see if you like it....but I believe after you see what it can do, you will buy it before the trial ends.
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

FWIW from another satisfied user, EasyTrigger performs flawlessly in HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
            I personally do not think that HS4 is an "Upgrade" yet so I haven't moved my system over. If you could list one feature that is in HS4 that isn't in HS3 I would be surprised. It would be easier to list the features that are in HS3 that didn't get moved over to HS4. At this point it is still in beta with enough bugs that I don't want to have to constantly chase down why something didn't work.
            One feature that is in HS4 that isn't in HS3 is speed... As someone with over 1000 devices and close to 900 events, it was paaaaaainful opening up the HS3 devices "tab" or opening up a group of events from the event "tab", regardless of the browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari). HS4's device and events screens load a hell of a lot faster via browser. This alone makes the upgrade worth it for me. But I can name another...HS4 provides for automated system backups to your MyHS account if you're a premium user, whereas HS3 didn't. One more albeit a minor thing... I've noticed under HS4's devices tab, for each device that is voice command enabled, there's a little microphone icon next to that device so you can easily tell which devices your Alexa/Google Home will work with. I never saw this on HS3. I seem to recall having to open each device to see how the voice command settings were configured.

Comment

Working...
            X