No announcement yet.

HS4 Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 update-Date and time format defaults to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 update-Date and time format defaults to US

Just updated from Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 and this problem has resurfaced again. Times and dates default to US format even though they have been clearly defined in the setup page in European format
    Attached Files

We get the format from the OS, so MONO must not be recognizing the location change, or there is another setting in the OS that needs to be changed. Did you restart the system after changing your locaiton? Is there a way to set your location from the Ubuntu settings? Is it set properly there?
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We get the format from the OS, so MONO must not be recognizing the location change, or there is another setting in the OS that needs to be changed. Did you restart the system after changing your locaiton? Is there a way to set your location from the Ubuntu settings? Is it set properly there?
      I’m accessing a headless Rock64 running Armbian via a Ubuntu laptop. I’ll have a look at the Locale settings in Armbian and report back.

Thanks.

Comment

In the HomeSeer folder where you start HS, edit the file "go" and change the first line to your language. For the UK change it to:

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Comment

Actually, that is for manually starting HS, if you are using the autostart.sh script from rc.local, edit autostart_hs and change the LANG line.

In the HomeSeer folder where you start HS, edit the file "go" and change the first line to your language. For the UK change it to:

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Comment

Or omit those lines, the LANG envar is inherited from the system setting.

Comment

Actually, that is for manually starting HS, if you are using the autostart.sh script from rc.local, edit autostart_hs and change the LANG line.
              I'm using my own service daemon to start HS4 on boot.

I edited the /etc/locale.gen, ran locale.gen and edited /etc/default/locale with the correct locales for my region. That problem is now resolved.

I could use localectl set-locale to permanently set the locales for all users. I'll do that later

Thanks Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                Just updated from Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 and this problem has resurfaced again. Times and dates default to US format even though they have been clearly defined in the setup page in European format
                Seriously ......!!!!!!!who spent their time looking at time???

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Seriously ......!!!!!!!who spent their time looking at time???
                  Failing automation scripts owing to incorrect time and date format.

No need for the sarcasm either. As they say if you’ve nothing good to say, say nothing is usually the best policy.

Comment

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
                    While the Date/Time format issue is resolved for the devices the logging entries are still showing US formatted DATE/TIME. I have all the necessary locales set for my region.

Comment

Failing automation scripts owing to incorrect time and date format.

No need for the sarcasm either. As they say if you’ve nothing good to say, say nothing is usually the best policy.
                      You should try this

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

You should try this
                        Why don't you go and do something useful with yourself instead of annoying people.There must be some other forum you can play in.

Comment

Why don't you go and do something useful with yourself instead of annoying people.There must be some other forum you can play in.
                          Hold on - you jumped in on a discussion regarding a legitimate error and made what you call a pointless and intentionally annoying post that nobody should care about error messages. Now you're complaining about a cosmetic issue which sure, it's cosmetic, but it matters to you because you've written scripts that are dependant on that... but when people bite on something trivial mattering to you you're on the attack for that too. You just need to appreciate this is a classic eating your own cake situation (even though let's be honest - who the heck wants a cake to not eat?!?).

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
                          But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
                          I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

On the other hand, this is a cosmetic issue that has bugged me in both HS3 and HS4 because even though my Pi is set to correct timezone HS3 and HS4 both say 7th of the 25th 2020, so will look into the above suggestion(s).

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
                            But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
                            I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

Hold on - you jumped in on a discussion regarding a legitimate error and made what you call a pointless and intentionally annoying post that nobody should care about error messages. Now you're complaining about a cosmetic issue which sure, it's cosmetic, but it matters to you because you've written scripts that are dependant on that... but when people bite on something trivial mattering to you you're on the attack for that too. You just need to appreciate this is a classic eating your own cake situation (even though let's be honest - who the heck wants a cake to not eat?!?).
                              The OP you refer to was resolved with a fix which works and is permanent. Other than Rich and Zwolfpack I’ve had nothing be wasteful commentary here.

Comment

Working...
                              X