No announcement yet.

HS4 Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 update-Date and time format defaults to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 update-Date and time format defaults to US

Just updated from Linux 4_1_1_0 to Linux 4_1_2_0 and this problem has resurfaced again. Times and dates default to US format even though they have been clearly defined in the setup page in European format
    Attached Files

We get the format from the OS, so MONO must not be recognizing the location change, or there is another setting in the OS that needs to be changed. Did you restart the system after changing your locaiton? Is there a way to set your location from the Ubuntu settings? Is it set properly there?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We get the format from the OS, so MONO must not be recognizing the location change, or there is another setting in the OS that needs to be changed. Did you restart the system after changing your locaiton? Is there a way to set your location from the Ubuntu settings? Is it set properly there?
      I’m accessing a headless Rock64 running Armbian via a Ubuntu laptop. I’ll have a look at the Locale settings in Armbian and report back.

Thanks.

Comment

In the HomeSeer folder where you start HS, edit the file "go" and change the first line to your language. For the UK change it to:

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Comment

Actually, that is for manually starting HS, if you are using the autostart.sh script from rc.local, edit autostart_hs and change the LANG line.

In the HomeSeer folder where you start HS, edit the file "go" and change the first line to your language. For the UK change it to:

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Comment

Or omit those lines, the LANG envar is inherited from the system setting.

Comment

Actually, that is for manually starting HS, if you are using the autostart.sh script from rc.local, edit autostart_hs and change the LANG line.
              I'm using my own service daemon to start HS4 on boot.

I edited the /etc/locale.gen, ran locale.gen and edited /etc/default/locale with the correct locales for my region. That problem is now resolved.

I could use localectl set-locale to permanently set the locales for all users. I'll do that later

Thanks Rich.

Comment

export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
                While the Date/Time format issue is resolved for the devices the logging entries are still showing US formatted DATE/TIME. I have all the necessary locales set for my region.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat
                  FWIW, HS4 setup doesn't change when raspi-config locale is changed from US. Correct setup of the Pi is being altered by HS4.

Pretty annoying really, at least we are not stuck with Farenheit.
                  Have you tried manually adjusting your locale file and default locale as I outlined above.

Comment

We added the timezone setting to setup for Zee (RPI), but that is not the same as the encoding. I have figured out how to set the encoding without using raspi-config so I will add that to setup in the next build. That will take care of the date/time formatting. I will leave it in for the standard Linux as it will probably work on most flavors of Linux.

Comment

We added the timezone setting to setup for Zee (RPI), but that is not the same as the encoding. I have figured out how to set the encoding without using raspi-config so I will add that to setup in the next build. That will take care of the date/time formatting. I will leave it in for the standard Linux as it will probably work on most flavors of Linux.
                      Thanks Rich.

I think I’ve ironed out all the settings in the locale file I need now. Everything is running fine now. Armbian can be a little temperamental particularly after an OS update.

Comment

Working...
                      X