List devices by device type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List devices by device type

Is it possible to list devices by "device type"?

Well, sorta.... Here's what I did:

Go to Setup -> Custom
    Change your Location 2 Label to "Device Type"
    From there, the dropdown in the List View will contain the sorting "Device Type" for Asc and Dec

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	439
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1405528

Maybe not 100% what you're looking for, but it might help.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

My question was imprecise. I am trying to list all of the devices that have a device type of "x". The device types are part of the Device type pages at the very bottom of the page but I can not find a way to only display devices which have a device type of "x".

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Well, sorta.... Here's what I did:

Go to Setup -> Custom
        Change your Location 2 Label to "Device Type"
        From there, the dropdown in the List View will contain the sorting "Device Type" for Asc and Dec

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.png Views:	43 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	1405528

Maybe not 100% what you're looking for, but it might help.
        That would only work if he abandoned his current use of the Location2 label and instead created Device Type labels within the new definition of Location2 and then manually assigned all of his devices Location2 labels to the newly created device types.
        I think I would use Category instead. Create new categories for each possible device type and attach a new category to the devices. Unlike Location1 or Location2, devices can have more than one category assigned to them.

So, the short answer to his question is No, you only have Location1, Location2, and Category for filtering and Name/Location1/Location2 for sorting. If you have no other use for Loation1 or Location2 then use it for Device Type. My Location1 is now "Technology" (Z-Wave, Zigbee, Insteon, Plug-In, and Virtual) and Location2 is "Room".
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I realise that this is now 2 years old, but the forum is also a searchable knowledge base for current and future users, so here is a fix to your puzzle...

You can do exactly what you want to do if you revert to the old HS3 style of displaying your devices. You do this by using your usual URL (usually 192.168...) but ending it with 'deviceutility', rather than 'devices.html'.

This will display your devices in the familiar HS3 format, including the column labelled 'Type'. You can also filter by Device Type at the top of the listing.

Hope this helps, although you might have found this for yourself by now!

Comment

Working...
          X