List devices by device type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List devices by device type

Is it possible to list devices by "device type"?

Well, sorta.... Here's what I did:

Go to Setup -> Custom
    Change your Location 2 Label to "Device Type"
    From there, the dropdown in the List View will contain the sorting "Device Type" for Asc and Dec

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	108
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1405528

Maybe not 100% what you're looking for, but it might help.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

My question was imprecise. I am trying to list all of the devices that have a device type of "x". The device types are part of the Device type pages at the very bottom of the page but I can not find a way to only display devices which have a device type of "x".

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Well, sorta.... Here's what I did:

Go to Setup -> Custom
        Change your Location 2 Label to "Device Type"
        From there, the dropdown in the List View will contain the sorting "Device Type" for Asc and Dec

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.png Views:	43 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	1405528

Maybe not 100% what you're looking for, but it might help.
        That would only work if he abandoned his current use of the Location2 label and instead created Device Type labels within the new definition of Location2 and then manually assigned all of his devices Location2 labels to the newly created device types.
        I think I would use Category instead. Create new categories for each possible device type and attach a new category to the devices. Unlike Location1 or Location2, devices can have more than one category assigned to them.

So, the short answer to his question is No, you only have Location1, Location2, and Category for filtering and Name/Location1/Location2 for sorting. If you have no other use for Loation1 or Location2 then use it for Device Type. My Location1 is now "Technology" (Z-Wave, Zigbee, Insteon, Plug-In, and Virtual) and Location2 is "Room".

Comment

Working...
        X