This page isn’t working right now192.168.11.21 sent an invalid response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This page isn’t working right now192.168.11.21 sent an invalid response

I have tried to upgrade from HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro. It all looks ok. But, when I try to open the webpage I get this error when I try to open the webpage. "This page isn’t working right now192.168.11.21 sent an invalid response.
    ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE"

This happened with the standard upgrade procedure as well as the alternative upgrade procedure. I have tried various ports. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Any help is appreciated. I would like to get this working tonight.

Did you try to search the forum?
    I remember a few posts with the same thing.

Comment

Yes, I have searched the forum. I only found one other post. That post said that changing the port worked. I have done that and it didn't help.

Comment

Windows or Linux?

Comment

Im having the same issue. Tried it last night. In addition when I start up HS4 it won't won't take me to the setup screen. Tried installing using both methods.

Comment

Same thing here. I'm also upgrading from HS3. I think the problem is that the license registration page never showed up in the process. The log looks OK except for that part: HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~This version of HomeSeer is not registered and is currently disabled.

So I guess the question now is how to register HS4 with the UI being disabled?

Comment

I found a post by Phil2 that helped me register HS4: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/system-software-controllers/hs4-hs4pro-software/1405349-hs4-install-issue-to-get-to-the-register-page

Phil2 said: "actually i found a trick, the url in the adress box was : http://192.168.1.201:81/devices.html and i replaced devices.html by register.html .... works ..."

My setup is now completed and I can access the UI. Problem solved!

Comment

I am having the same issues.. going to downgrade back to HS3 and try again.

Comment

I got it to work based on the "hack" above.. the issue I had from Phil2's trick was he is using port 81, and mine was setup to port 80. So in my case, the correct url was just http://192.168.1.117/register.html.

Comment

Originally posted by gerard927

Thank you so much!!

I installed/uninstalled/re-installed HS3/uninstalled/re-installed.... over a dozen time trying different things. And nothing worked until I tried this.

I assume there is some sort of bug in the 'first run' script that HS needs to fix...
                    Yes they need to fix this. If your port is not default "80" then it cannot find register.html as it assumes port 80.
                    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

yes.... for me it was just changing .../devices.html with .../register.html and all was well even with my non 80 port assignment

Comment

Working...
                      X