Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have some of the 'If' conditions gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have some of the 'If' conditions gone??

Hi All,

The list of possible 'If' conditions in HS4 is considerably condensed compared to those available in HS3.

Where are they??

I came across this when I tried to create a new repeat notification - my previous repeat notifications used the 'If' condition of 'A Recurring Trigger Happens. This simply isn't available in the HS4 'If' conditions. If i delete the .html extension on the events page to go back to the HS3 Events page, this 'If' condition is there, as well as a considerably longer list of other 'If' options compared to those available in the HS4 page.

This is the second issue I have had with the HS4 events. The first was related - I couldn't select my Sonos client for my notifications without going back into the HS3 events page.

Is it just me or is the Events options in HS4 somewhat half baked?

Dave

Still there
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 2.31.27 pm.png
Views:	157
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1405666

Devices are quite difficult to find though - listing them by node number is like re-organsing street names by longitude and attitude, it's just meaningless to a human being. So the order is all over the shot, then you're looking for a room but then you're looking for a device... eg a Fibaro Dual Switch or an Aeotec SmartSwitch... so another bizarre way to view the world. Once you then finally find, sometimes unfortunately guess, the correct device THEN you can find the breakdown of child objects to find the actual item you wanted after all such as a Light. However when it is plugin related, which is what your Sonos is I guess, they are even harder to find because they are an "unknown" node... it's really horrible but if you read through the list 5, 6, 7, even 9 times you will eventually spot the device you are after.

I think I'm going to have to go through and rename the root device of everything I have to try and make them easier to find... but still they are prefixed and ordered by "node" so it'll still be a jumble
    ‚Äč
    What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
    But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
    I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Ah yes, you are correct - it is there is I start a new event. Not there if I try to add it in as an additional condition.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
        Ah yes, you are correct - it is there is I start a new event. Not there if I try to add it in as an additional condition.

Thanks

This is a Trigger and is not available as a (AND IF) Condition. It is available as a secondary (OR IF) Trigger. Same as HS3.

Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
        X