No announcement yet.

Virtual device with a range greater than 999 can't be configured in an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual device with a range greater than 999 can't be configured in an event

I've got a virtual device (it's actually the HUE of a Philips hue bulb) and it has a range of 0 to 65535.

But in an event, when I go to set the value of the virtual device a pulldown appears, showing the range of 0 to 999 and I can't select anything higher than 999.

If I change the control section to be a "textbox" that works for the main device display list. There's a textbox there that I can enter a number into, but again I am trying to configure the number via an event.

My workaround is to just add the high numbers I want to use as "single values" but it's not as convenient. Of course I know an html pulldown of 65K values is also not practical, so I think the best option would be to honor what the "control" setting is for events.

In other words, in an event, when I control the virtual device, instead of a pulldown have it be a textbox if that's what was selected in the options box under control type.

I hope these screenshots help explain. This example shows the 0-65535 range and my single value of 5376.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-24_23h59_24.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1405676

Name:	2020-07-24_23h59_57.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1405677

I believe when the range is really large then you only get some numbers offered and not every single number. Considering this, why not choose a range of 256? You probably have a reason but maybe there is a work around for that, e.g. scalling.

Comment

The setting I use is for the Philips Hue setting called "hue" which varies from 1 to 65335. Since I use this for various colors the numbers are quite varied in their range so selecting a subset of 256 in the group will mostly be very similar shades of the same color.

I'll go ahead and just add all the single options for now unless there's a better fix. When I was in HS3 it worked out just fine, I'll need to see how I did it there.

I see, this is interesting. In HS3, they divided up my range into a subset that fits within the pulldown. If you notice, I get my range but it increments through at a high enough interval so I get my range.

Name:	2020-07-25_20h35_18.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1405944

and the END of the pulldown list:

Name:	2020-07-25_20h35_33.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1405945

Comment